C4 Forums | Control4

Washington, DC area - JS Audio

deanda

• 3 weeks later...

No experience with JS Audio. Myer-Emco installed mine (three years ago) and has handled all maintenance, updates/upgrades and the single RMA I had about six months in. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Not to say anything about JS (I don't know them), but I can HIGHLY recommend Myer-Emco. Scott Miller (their custom install manager) is a great professional to work with and has always come through for me on price and performance. I've recommend ME to several friends over the years and all have had similar (or in one case better; but his install approached 7 figures) results.

I looked at all of them and went with Capitol City Integration (Mike Estrada). Flawless work, very knowledgeable and actually performs his work when and in the time frame as stated (unlike most of my subs!). His price was very aggressive. All wins in my book.

• 6 months later...

I have worked in the industry for 20+ years, 10yrs in the DC market, and currently own my own C4 integration company in Atlanta, GA. (www.MediaCalm.com)

In the DC area I would highly recommend Mike Wilson @ Bethesda Systems. He was using Control 4 when all of the other integrators in the Washington/Baltimore area (including several of the most highly regarded integrators that I worked for) were sitting back to see how control 4 evolved in the marketplace. They did not want to cannibalize their higher dollar Crestron and AMX sales. Mike is honest, a straight shooter and has built, with the help of his partner, a very respectable Custom Installation firm.

I recommend Bethesda Systems highly and since Myer Emco is going out of business your choice just got easier.

Steve Person

^ And speaking of MyerEmco, I just got around to reading the piece in CEPro. Myer said that the DYI crowd will rule and installers charging big money for "simple" installs is silly.

Well, granted $1k to bring-in a BD player is not what my C4 guy would charge, I think this Myer is bitter and as he stated himself was a little too late in responding to the economic trade-winds. I need my Control4-authorized (and trained) dealer/installer. He is not the Shell answer man but is good-enough to see to it that I am happy with my investment. He has low overhead and is local/available to me when I call/email. I don't care if he has office space or works out of his car- have laptop, will travel.

All this publicity these days makes me feel better about Control4 business practices. I don't want to start this argument back-up but we end-users are not on the line with big capital like Mr. West is.

• 10 months later...

FYI- While I have closed the Myer-Emco retail stores, we continue to sell, service, design, and install Control 4, as well as many other great products. My new company is called MyerConnex, and we are based out of Gaithersburg, MD. We are staffed exclusively with ex-Myer-Emco personnel. Our number is 240-888-4300, and we are happy to help with any needs pertaining to A/V and home automation.

Archived