C4 Forums | Control4

MC to AMP connections

dburton

This is my first AMP install. The project contains an MC, an AMP, 8 zones of audio with 5 MTPs.

I connected the following from the MC:

Stereo 1 - Receiver-> INPUT VIDEO 2

Stereo 2 - Amplifier->Audio Input 1

Stereo 3 - Amplifier->Audio Input 2

When I start a song in one of the zones, it works OK. But, if I start a song in a second zone, the first one gets canceled and the new one starts. In other words, it's only using ONE of the connections from the MC to the AMP. I tested both sets of cables.

Is there something in Composer that I need to do to make this work?

I just tried this out at work. Seems to work like it did 5 months ago. I did the following things:

1) On the amp output 1 = room A, output 2 = room B, output 3 = room C

2) On the MC output 2 = input 9/10 on amp, output 3 = input 11/12 on amp

I played a track in room A. Audio came out of MC output 2 (i verified this) and amp switched to input 9/10. I played another track in room B, audio came out of MC output 3 and the amp switched to input 11/12. I then played a track in room C. The session to room A got cancelled and audio came out of MC output 2. The room A connection was muted, and room 3 was swapped to inputs 9/10.

So ultimately I confirmed to my satisfaction that the system still works on my bench. Is there any chance you could sanitise your code and upload for checking?

"2) On the MC output 2 = input 9/10 on amp, output 3 = input 11/12 on amp"

When I select the MC in connections, I see 8 inputs for the AMP. How are you using 9/10 and 11/12?

I'm using AMP Audio Input 1 and 2.

If I select the AMP in connections, I assigned the following:

Room Control

Room Selection 1 RoomControl Audio_selection output Den->audio end-point

Room Selection 1 RoomControl Audio_volume output Den->audio volume 1

Nothing shows up when I select any of the "Audio Video Outputs". Is that a problem?

How about posting the project you tested with?

Talked to C4 help desk today. rmacdougall is right - the current version does not support using all 3 stereo outputs from the MC.

I sure wish C4 would publish a list of known problems. I don't like finding them in front of the customer! I would have preferred to tell the customer that C4 supports two audio streams today. Then when the bug is fixed, I could go to the customer and tell them about the new enhancement - 3 streams.

Samer - I'm not sure why it works for you. Maybe you have the AMP settings different than I do?

I think it comes down to digital vs analog. From what I remember from class right now C4 MC or HTC will only stream 1 analog source at a time. It can do multiple digital at a time. So in my case I had to use a MC for one analog source and speaker point for another now it will steam both at the same time. I am not sure if you were trying to do 2 analog sources so not sure if it will fix your problem. Hope it helps.

We are trying to stream 2 line level stereo outs from the MC to the AMP. It will work for a time and then will get stuck only playing one stream at a time. If you delete the connections and move the inputs on the AMP and reconnect in Composer, then it works for a while.

Archived