C4 Forums | Control4

Wow, MFW-15 subwoofer from AV123.com is awesome!

akg4y

If anyone is in the market for a sub, I can highly recommend the AV123.com MFW-15... I just got mine and it is UNBELIEVABLE. I have a Paradigm Servo 15 v1 (7-8 years old and still sells for $1000 on audiogon) and the MFW-15 at least subjectively blows it out of the water...

I know this sounds like an advertisement, but I have no connection with av123, Im just really impressed. At under $1k for 2 of these there cannot possibly be another sub that gives better bang for the buck.

Anyone else have one?

Had a chance to test it out some more last night on Top Gun, Iron Man, LOTR (intro scene), LOTR-ROTK (beginning of battle), and Transformers and was not disappointed in the least. The piano black finish is nice, not quite true piano black (not a near-perfect reflection) but definitely increases the WAF. We're going to get an 18" x 22" slab of granite to put on top of it and use it as an endtable for the couch since its the perfect height for that.

I dont have War of the Worlds... wasnt a big fan of that movie :) The intro of LOTR to me is a great way to test a sub... when Isildor (sp?) cuts off the ring and Sauron (sp?) explodes theres this long loud low rumble with the shockwave that you feel in your gut, its great.

... but I still like the jets in Top Gun the most, even though its friggin 23 years old. Man, getting old...

Archived