C4 Forums | Control4

Turned any fan into a Bond fan with true-2 way feedback

msgreenf

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

The $42 bond module does not have a reverse capability. You're replacing the entire fan control module. The current bond recognizes it because your current fan module has that. But the bond fan module does not

Gotcha thanks! Are you aware of a bond module that has the reverse function? It looks like the smart by bond fans have it but then would need to replace the entire fan

The $42 bond module does not have a reverse capability. You're replacing the entire fan control module. The current bond recognizes it because your current fan module has that. But the bond fan module does not

Gotcha thanks! Are you aware of a bond module that has the reverse function? It looks like the smart by bond fans have it but then would need to replace the entire fan

• 3 months later...

So dredging up this old topic yet again.  Looking to out ceiling fans on our outdoor deck. I want something that will give me two way feedback through C4 without having to hardwire a fan control switch.

I know the bond bridge can work for operation cloning the RF remote but I do want the two way feedback. I saw in another thread that the Minka Aire smart fans work with the two way feedback but wanted to see if there are any alternatives.

Also, would you just use the bond driver and set up each fan as a separate bond bridge? I already have the driver from our old house and need to use that and th bond bridge device for retractable screens with Somfy motors - at least I think I will need to do that (topic for a different thread).

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Jakelay said:

So dredging up this old topic yet again.  Looking to out ceiling fans on our outdoor deck. I want something that will give me two way feedback through C4 without having to hardwire a fan control switch.

buy the home depot product in my first post in this thread. It will do what you want.

1 hour ago, Jakelay said:

Also, would you just use the bond driver and set up each fan as a separate bond bridge?

correct

22 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

buy the home depot product in my first post in this thread. It will do what you want.

correct

I actually have two of them that I never used in my old house based on your suggestion. My only hesitation was the lack of a reversing function. Not sure I need that outside though.

Something to think about - thanks Mitch!

Anyone have any other brand recommendations if I don’t go that route?

For anyone using the Modern Forms fans, what has been your experience? We would be using on a covered deck so airflow and resistance to elements are key.

I looked up reviews and saw a number of people getting bad receiver units from the start and also reports of the housing rusting after only a month/few months.

Thanks for the tip on these Ari!

• 1 month later...

@msgreenf bringing up this topic again. I have my bond bridge installed on my fan with the original fan module installed. It only gives me 1 way feedback so if I hit the fan from another method (remote or bond app), control4 will get out of sync on it. It hasn’t been a problem since I don’t use either but for some reason the fan light will turn on out of sync at random times. If it wasn’t for the fan light , the programming I did works great. The fan/reverse function work well. 

are there any new fan modules out there that work 2 way that have a fan reverse? Having the fan reverse is a very important to me. The other potential way is to just have something hooked up for the light so that is controlled separately 

I thought of “work around” which is I set up a routine through Alexa so that every night at 1130, the fan light is turned off. This way, I “reset” the light so it is actually off and not just showing as off (in control4).  The issue previously was that when I hit house off, the fan light would show as off on control4 but was actually on. To sync everything back up, I had to manually turn off the light using bond app or the remote control.

this work around has me thinking of what else can I do to help ensure it is working and could I use Alexa as my two way feedback. 

is there a way I can set a routine so that if the Fan light (in Alexa) turns On, then it triggers something (a variable maybe?) in control4. This would get me a potential two way communication

1 minute ago, zg825 said:

is there a way I can set a routine so that if the Fan light (in Alexa) turns On, then it triggers something (a variable maybe?) in control4. This would get me a potential two way communication

no - no way to use Alexa state in control4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.