C4 Forums | Control4

Different Multi Zone Amp

ladams

I don't see it in the DB but that doesn't mean someone else hasn't written a driver and made it work.

My advice is to just buy the Control4 Amp and not worry about trying to shoehorn a 3rd party product into the system. You will have better control, better support and fewer problems using the Control4 equipment and that makes for a much more enjoyable system over time.

ladams, I don't know what your goal is, but there are a couple of things that differentiates your audio control amp from a C4 amp. The two big things that I see is matrix switching and volume control. Yours don’t seem to have either. However, if you are using this product with C4’s matrix switch, than you should be in fine shape. In that kind of configuration, C4 compatibility doesn’t matter anyway. Ask your dealer about that one.

C4 amp has plenty of power- just ask my neighbors :)

I think there's a pretty good crossover section too, with lots of EQ control, etc. for the price.

I've found that more efficient/sensitive speakers do better with lower power, for what it's worth.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_1_1/v1n1spk.html#Speaker%20Sensitivity

ladams, if you like the power, cleanness, etc, it's fine to use this amp. I've done a bunch of systems with non-c4 amps. The key is to make sure you have a good matrix switcher with volume control (ie the c4 matrix switch).

Don't discount the c4 amp though. 5-band parametric EQ, now that just warms my heart. These guys are right.

I don't know the model, but they are made by Elan. I think they are 8" speakers.

They do a great job, and they weren't that expensive.

I need to get some better outdoor speakers. I bought some here from Dicks Sporting Goods spur of the moment, and they aren't what I was hoping for. They did get me music by the pool in a pinch though. We were having a party and didn't have any speakers outback yet...

^What are you using for speakers? I'm looking to upgrade some rooms...

I'm Looking @ the Klispse R-3800-W 8" Inwall. I entertain often and need good clean power. This amp Claims to output 150 Watts per Channel over 16 Channels.Now thats power. I Guess I will try the C-4 Amp and hopefully it will do the job.

You might want to audition the Kilpsch speakers before you purchase. The models I've heard are quite shrill with lots of top end that might provide a little tiring after a while.

Since it's not critical listening, just background audio, you could also look at in ceiling units instead of in wall. It's easier to balance the sound overhead than blasting from one wall in a room.

Unless you need high average SPL, the C4 amp will be fine. Use a speaker with an integrated backbox and it will probably run you out of the room long before it clips out.

Thanks for the info

You might want to audition the Kilpsch speakers before you purchase. The models I've heard are quite shrill with lots of top end that might provide a little tiring after a while.

Since it's not critical listening, just background audio, you could also look at in ceiling units instead of in wall. It's easier to balance the sound overhead than blasting from one wall in a room.

Unless you need high average SPL, the C4 amp will be fine. Use a speaker with an integrated backbox and it will probably run you out of the room long before it clips out.

Archived