C4 Forums | Control4

Remote Access issues

lasvegas_rob

I have enabled remote access on my sales guy's MC with a mycontrol4.com account name, user ID, and password, but when i try to connect to the remote system, it keeps telling me invalid account name, user id, or password. Am I using an incorrect username and/or password? According to tech support, I use the ID created on the mycontrol4.com website to access the remote system. Is this incorrect? Should I be using my dealer login and password when I try to connect? I'm just trying to connect to my sales guy's house, so I'm not concerned about network security issues (him seeing my controller, etc.). The problem I'm having is that tech support doesn't seem to know how to help a tech login remotely. A little discerning.

• 3 weeks later...

I have connected previously to my Sales Person's home, but now I am gettting a message: "Failed to Initialize the Network Interface" after I select the remote access account. It's not a password issue, but I am able to connect to his director from the OSD on my HTC. Any thoughts? It processes through the checking user id, account and password fine.

on the cpu that you are connecting from,

-start

-connect to

-show all connections

look for a local connection that has device name as "remote access network tunnel adapter"

right click and enable this device

that should do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Jon, seems like you've had some experience with this. Today, I noticed that my email notifications on our demo system have stopped. Updated composer and all HTCs and MC last night. When I pull the enable remote access from the Tools menu... connection status says "disconnected." IDs and passwords are correct. The one other thing we did is change some of the devices to static IPs. Do I now have a router config issue or a C4 issue?? BTW, "remote access network tunnel adapter" is enabled.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

>>Here's an update... just used Remote Director and was able to see the HTC and attached to it. So, if Composer is telling me "remote access not enabled" then how come I can connect to it remotely. Looks like a call to tech support for further explaination.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Did you register them under your account or did you register them under individual accounts? It can fool you because there are two links for registering systems.

Also, you have to turn on remote access in the controller itself and enter the user-name (dealer ID) and password that lets you into www.mycontrol4.com.

Archived