C4 Forums | Control4

Problem programing conditional time actions

fschaeffer

Hi,

I'm trying to play an announcement if it's between 08:00PM and 09:00PM.

I see that under the Scheduler Device Actions, under the Conditionals Tab, there is a "Between" option for Time, but there seem not to be a AM or PM option, making it impossible to distinguish between them.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks

It's not completely clear what you're asking, but:

I do see an AM/PM field in the Scheduler Actions, Conditionals pane. Is it possible you have your localization on your computer set to 24-hour mode?

If you can't figure that out, you could always create a variable, like 'DoAnnouncement', default false, and have scheduled events at 8PM and 9PM to set it true and set it back to false.

If you're trying to cause an announcement to be some random time between 8 and 9, you could do 'Time', Randomize by +/- 30 minutes.

RyanE

Thanks Ryan, my localization is actually in 24h mode, that's probably it. I'll try to change it

As to what I want to do is basically play an announcement when I open my front door using my fingerprint reader lock (it's integrated via RS232 with my HC300. The way it's programmed now, it always plays the announcement if it's night, and I want to play it's night and up until 10:00PM only.

thanks

Archived