C4 Forums | Control4

Denon receiver control

akg4y

Is it possible to have full control of a Denon receiver with the SR250 remote, somewhat like Harmony remotes can do if you change the settings so that you are only controlling the receiver? For example right now I can have the SR250 execute media scenes, changing inputs etc by choosing what I want to watch but I cant access and control the on screen Denon receiver menu. I also cannot choose inputs that have not been programmed into the scenes by my dealer.

Is it possible to select 'Denon receiver' as the device being controlled by the SR250 and then essentially have most if not all of the functions available by the original Denon remote?

Did I stump everyone, including TheSOHOShop and CYTEXONE Pros, nah, cant be...

Here's another question regarding the Denon... The audio options on the front are DSP Simulation, Direct, Pure Direct, and Standard. What exactly are the differences? If I have a source (ie XBMC) that plays some things that are DTS/5.1 and some things that are just R/L stereo (Daily Show via HULU, etc), is there any way to have it automatically switch from DSP Simulation for Hulu to Direct for DTS audio?

Sorry I missed this, it got buried under the CEDIA threads.

Mav-Jason is right. However there are only so many buttons you can program on the SR-250, so choose the most important ones to you that arent already there (like DSP functions). Some receivers have remotes with a ton of buttons, so for the sake of simplicity it would be pretty hard for C4 to have a remote that has the same number of hard buttons. Now touchscreens on 2.0 with the ability to make buttons... might be a different story.

Thanks that makes sense for the DSP simulation/Direct audio question, but regarding the menu how could we get that to work. I can have a custom button to open the menu of the Denon, but can there be a mode on the SR-250 where it is *just* controlling the Denon so that I can use the up/down/left/right etc? The issue would be for example Im watching TV/Satellite and the remote is currently set to basically change channels and control the satellite box... then I press the Denon menu custom button but cannot actually navigate it because the up/down etc still just control the satellite box.

With the Harmony remotes you can select device and choose the Denon receiver so that basically all commands from the remote are swapped to Denon functions, is something like that possible with the SR-250. Then when done with the menu I could just switch back to satellite to control the channels etc.

If it isnt possible while the satellite is still running perhaps it could be a separate input/output of the Denon that is unused... like for example if I select 'Ipod' as the Denon input even though I dont have anything connected then the remote functions are mapped to Denon controls?

On the SR250 if you just wanted to control the receiver, you can go into list, and choose the receiver there under watch or listen. Then it would be the device listed under the room. When you're done and want to go back, go through list again to pick satellite box.

Archived