C4 Forums | Control4

Carrier SAM module

ERDrPC

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know where I could purchase a Carrier SAM module new or used? They have been discontinued by Carrier and I have not seen any on eBay. Perhaps someone that migrated to using the drivers no longer needs their SAM module and wishes to part with it? I was planning to put this in the Wanted section but because I am new to the forum, I have not made enough postings to be able to use the Wanted section. Any thoughts on being able to locate a SAM would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, north27 said:

Does anyone know where I could purchase a Carrier SAM module new or used? They have been discontinued by Carrier and I have not seen any on eBay. Perhaps someone that migrated to using the drivers no longer needs their SAM module and wishes to part with it? I was planning to put this in the Wanted section but because I am new to the forum, I have not made enough postings to be able to use the Wanted section. Any thoughts on being able to locate a SAM would be greatly appreciated.

7 hours ago, north27 said:

Sorry for the duplicate response. For some reason I was unable to edit the one above. Out of curiosity, have you considered the cloud driver? Before the driver released I was also looking for some SAM modules but I never got my hands on any. I wish the driver offered some kind of serial or local control, but from what I've heard the cloud control is pretty solid. 

• 3 months later...

I have used many Sam modules over the past 15-18 yrs in Elan systems.  Sam module integration is solid if you know the features you will get. I want to know from all of you as I'm now a C4 dealer as well.  Has anyone used the Sam module for C4 integration as this would be the same for Bryant, Carrier(infinity) Evolution systems.???  I would not use the ip version just the rs232 driver.  Not interested in the cloud integration version either..

14 hours ago, Joe Diemer C4 said:

I have used many Sam modules over the past 15-18 yrs in Elan systems.  Sam module integration is solid if you know the features you will get. I want to know from all of you as I'm now a C4 dealer as well.  Has anyone used the Sam module for C4 integration as this would be the same for Bryant, Carrier(infinity) Evolution systems.???  I would not use the ip version just the rs232 driver.  Not interested in the cloud integration version either..

It’s almost 2024. I havnt used a SAM module in a decade. IP drivers should be supported as much as possible… dont be afraid of the technology you are installing… 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.