C4 Forums | Control4

Third party driver poll

thecodeman

• 2 weeks later...
Wondering if any can tell me if there are ANY two way IP drivers for any of the Denon receivers ?

Yes' date=' for the 3808CI and the xx10 series, at least.[/quote']

A few more questions after doing some digging. In practice, are there any limitations or reliability issues with the aforementioned drivers ? It seems these Denon units have a limitation of one open socket connection on their telnet port, so I assume opening a browser for the web gui and having director connected at the same time could create a blocking situation, no ? On the serial front I had also heard there may be some performance issues with command queuing/processing.

Thanks in advance for any comments. I'm just trying to get a handle on what I might be in for.

Dave

Wondering if any can tell me if there are ANY two way IP drivers for any of the Denon receivers ?

A few more questions after doing some digging. In practice, are there any limitations or reliability issues with the aforementioned drivers ? It seems these Denon units have a limitation of one open socket connection on their telnet port, so I assume opening a browser for the web gui and having director connected at the same time could create a blocking situation, no ? On the serial front I had also heard there may be some performance issues with command queuing/processing.

Thanks in advance for any comments. I'm just trying to get a handle on what I might be in for.

Dave

Dave,

We haven't installed any of the new receivers using an IP driver yet. I'll touch base with some other dealers that have and see what they have to say.

Dave

Dave,

We haven't installed any of the new receivers using an IP driver yet. I'll touch base with some other dealers that have and see what they have to say.

Thanks a bunch. If the jury's still out with the xx10's, anything on the 3808 would work too./Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Archived