C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE and Bluray Programming

Enthusiast

well if you were in on my last post, I finally got an updated copy of composerHE. To my complete joy this is exactly what I wanted. Now can anyone explain what this code means and how its used: IF theater>current selected device>equal to theater>pioneer blu ray

Essentially what I'm trying to do is have the light in my room turn on when the bluray player turns on. Essentially to allow me to place a bluray into the player. This is a problem because my bluray player is not an RS232 2 way device. Its currently being controlled by IR. The other half of the problem is that control4 thinks power on equals play and there is a lighting scene that dims the lights as a movie plays. Hope I explained this in an understandable way.

You'll need something to monitor power to trigger that event. Either a discrete turn on code, or a Control4 outlet switch that senses power. Perhaps though, maybe the power toggle and play commands are being sent together and the driver can be edited to space those out.. what model Blu-ray do you have?

Without knowing the model of bluray player, it's hard to tell if the play command is nessisary to power the device on, or if descreet power commands do exist. Either way this shouldn't matter.

To turn on a light when the bluray player turns on:

Event Side: When theater-> DVD turns On

Action Side: Set Level on the theater -> Light to 100

yes it does have discrete power on off and play codes the model is pioneer bdp-51fd. Also the audio end points in my pool table room are setup wrong. It doesn't appear that I can change these in composer HE. Maybe theres something i'm not doing. Anxiously awaiting any and all responses thanx

my other idea was to use the video sensing capabilities of the hc-300. I also have another bluray player the sony bdps2000-es. I wonder which would work best. Neither have rs232 which sucks especially for the price. Had I have known more about control4 my purchases over the past year and half would have been totally different.

my other idea was to use the video sensing capabilities of the hc-300. I also have another bluray player the sony bdps2000-es. I wonder which would work best. Neither have rs232 which sucks especially for the price. Had I have known more about control4 my purchases over the past year and half would have been totally different.

Has anyone found a blueray that does video sense...ie sends dual video output to composite and hdmi 1080p? see:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=3936

Archived