C4 Forums | Control4

Home page back splash

ES_Dave

I don't know if replacing the whole background with a completely different color scheme would be very easy with the current process, because you would have to replace and recreate all the icon images. from poking around it looked like they were just squares that had the backsplash image built into them so that they would blend in withthe backsplash, they were not transparent images overlaid ont he backsplash image. I'm not saying its not possible, but probably a heck of a lot easier with some sort of theme tool that control4 has been hinting at.

i'm interested if anyone has found that I'm wrong and it is easy currently. Plus, I am VERY interested in what others think are good ideas for GOOD Control4 UI themes. If and when control4 releases a theme (skin) tool, I would love to see other peoples ideas for UI themes right next to the composer drivers we are all submitting now. It is my belief that end-user UI is what makes or breaks automation products and when we get the chance, this community could really do some great things with brainstorming UI themes for control4. Kind of like the success remote central has had with the different graphical remote control schemes that people have made available to the community there.

• 1 month later...

I haven't given this up. We started on it, and then got swaped with work. It's a high priority however, because it'll be really sexy looking. You got me psyched to work on it again...

Archived