C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Audio Matrix problem

am350z

A few months ago we came home to a loud feedback hum through all our speakers.  I turned of the amps and am just now getting around to troubleshooting.  The noise goes away with amps on but the c4 matrix unplugged.   Can I assume its a bad matrix switch?  The unit is only a few years old. Sadly, the whole home audio was basically the last functioning component of the system with exception of theater control.

Had the same issue a few months ago - but loud hum / noise through some of my speakers.

I think its the audio matrix which is at fault as i am not even able to power it up and identify it.

Trying to replace it with a used matrix in hopes that it addresses the issue - will know in a few weeks....

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Woke up in the middle of the night (tonight) with a banging noise every few minutes in my home.

It seemed to be playing in only some of my speakers and was very loud bang and then stops for 3-4 minutes. Not really sure what it could be so I shut off my rack and the banging stopped so I could go back to sleep. 

I’m planning to turn it on in the AM and hope that it works but wanted to see if anyone else had this issue. I have a control 4 rack, audio matrix, internet, a few receivers etc in my rack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.