C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 C4-16ZAMSv3-B Audio Matrix no Power

Hello guys,

I've recently got my hands on a few different Control4 unit and I am relatively noobish when it comes to these equipment.

Basically when I plug power onto the audio matrix nothing happens.

No leds or anything (I can however feel the slight spark when you connect power to an electronic device) but I was not able to test it further.

Is there supposed to be any leds whatsoever on the front?

I found the data sheet and a generic video from Control4 online but theres very little documentation to help me.

Tried plugging an audio source and outputting it but nothing happens.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Even in a power standby mode mine has a small power symbol (circle with a small line through the top) in a blue LED light located on the lower right hand side of the face plate.  When I am actively using it other symbols light up next to it as well.  What Control4 controller are you using?  I couldn't tell from your post but it would not just work on its own without having a dealer configure it to your system. 

12 hours ago, PorterTX said:

Even in a power standby mode mine has a small power symbol (circle with a small line through the top) in a blue LED light located on the lower right hand side of the face plate.  When I am actively using it other symbols light up next to it as well.  What Control4 controller are you using?  I couldn't tell from your post but it would not just work on its own without having a dealer configure it to your system. 

Thanks for your reply,

that was actually pretty helpful.

I guess my unit is toast.

I bought a set at an auction,

so far i have a c4-amp108, the C4-16ZAMSv3-B, a C4-HC1000V3-EB, HC-300, C4-PM2-E

To be honest I have no idea how it all works but the price was too good to pass! i'll probably end up selling it all i guess!

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I am having the same problem with my C4-16ZAMSV3. The power supply doesn't have any visible damage. When the power supply is unplugged from the main circuit board, the output reads about 4.93V. But when I plug it into the main circuit board, the voltage drops to about 2.4V. Is this normal, or do I have a bad power supply? Thanks for you input.

Agreed, mine went and then replaced the power supply.  Lasted for about a year and half, then went dead again.

I used a Meanwell hospital grade power supply (only thing available at the time) and was shocked I only got a 1.5 years out of it.

Fixed it again and also ordered a new switch.  Gave the switch to a family meme bet and installed the new one.

1.5 years in again and it’s toast.  I’m leaning towards design flaw cuz Meanwells last forever usually. 

Let's say I end up having to replace the switch. If I connect the inputs and outputs the same as the old switch, do I still need an integrator to do something to make the controller recognize the new switch? If so, can they do what they need to do remotely or does it require a home visit?

16 minutes ago, gtfiver said:

Let's say I end up having to replace the switch. If I connect the inputs and outputs the same as the old switch, do I still need an integrator to do something to make the controller recognize the new switch? If so, can they do what they need to do remotely or does it require a home visit?

Dealer does have to do it and it can be done remotely 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.