C4 Forums | Control4

Help understand SR-250 programming

akg4y

Im relatively new to my system and am trying to understand how the SR-250 programming works. Here are a couple of questions I have so far:

1) Where in Composer HE can I see what each of the buttons are assigned to do? For example right now I pick up my remote and hit watch-satellite and my remote buttons are set to control the volume on the Denon, channels on the satellite box, guide/dvr/etc on satellite box. If I want to change what the guide button does when 'satellite' is the selected source can I do that? Where?

2) If I learn a new IR command directly from another remote how do I assign it to a button? Where in HE can I find the new IR command that was learned, or can I assign it directly on the remote? Can I assign it to any button or only the 4 colored buttons?

Thanks

2) If I learn a new IR command directly from another remote how do I assign it to a button? Where in HE can I find the new IR command that was learned, or can I assign it directly on the remote? Can I assign it to any button or only the 4 colored buttons?

Thanks

Composer HE can not be used to edit drivers so you can't change the IR codes.

• 2 weeks later...
1) Where in Composer HE can I see what each of the buttons are assigned to do? For example right now I pick up my remote and hit watch-satellite and my remote buttons are set to control the volume on the Denon, channels on the satellite box, guide/dvr/etc on satellite box. If I want to change what the guide button does when 'satellite' is the selected source can I do that? Where?

You can't "see" this the way I think you're hoping to. The reason the volume control hits the Denon in the above scenario, for example, is because the Denon is "declared" as the "Video Volume Room Control Input" in the Connections View. Not because it is explicitly programmed to do so.

If you can override this, I'm not sure how. What you can do, however, is go to the Programming view, select the Room in which the A/V equipment resides and then the Command event you want to change. From there, you can define ADDITIONAL actions to occur when that event happens (i.e. button is pressed.) But, I don't believe you can prevent the default action from occuring.

Archived