C4 Forums | Control4

Intrinsic Dev - Tesla Driver for Control 4

IntrinsicGroup

tesla-interface.jpeg.43df2eccc6a9808030f7747610a48c93.jpeg

We've just launched our Tesla Driver for Control4.

You can find more information here - https://www.intrinsicdev.com/downloads/tesla-vehicle-driver-for-control4/

Please contact your Control4 dealer to get this integrated with your Control4 system.

What does this driver do?

This Tesla Vehicle Driver for Control4 allows a Control4 system to communicate with Tesla’s cloud server to read vehicle data and send commands.

Features:

• Control:
    • Control charging
    • Wake Up Vehicle
    • Honk Horn
    • Flash Lights
    • Lock/unlock car – it is possible to enable this feature, however, from a security point of view, we do not recommend these are implemented. If you do choose to enable this function you do so at your own risk. Intrinsic Group Limited, or its subsidiaries, accepts no liability for their use.
  • Programmable Commands: 
    • Start HVAC
    • Stop HVAC
    • Charge Standard/Max
    • Charge Start
    • Charge Stop
    • Flash lights
    • Honk horn
    • Vehicle is Locked
    • Vehicle is Unlocked
    • Internal Temperature
    • External Temperature
    • Speed
    • Heading
    • Latitude
    • Longitude
    • Sunroof Status
    • Odometer
    • Time Until Fully Charged
    • Charging Status
    • Range
  • Please note – This driver uses Webview to create a custom interface. Currently Control4 only supports this on touchscreensand not through their apps. As soon as Control4 make this available on their app the driver will be updated to support this.
  • Driver uses Intrinsic(Athena) technology for key free licensing, update alerts and enhanced support

image.png.69364a1ce947c9e58c96cd1288995afe.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, zaphod said:

It appears that Tesla changed the authentication method around Jan 29,2021.  Does this beta driver still work?

See https://github.com/timdorr/tesla-api/issues/260

Yes, the driver is up to date for current Tesla authentication, it's working well and in use in quite a few sites. It's no longer in BETA it's available for public use and you can find it here https://www.intrinsicdev.com/downloads/tesla-vehicle-driver-for-control4/ If you're a dealer it's available for free in your showroom packs, there's also a demo car within the driver so you can test it without access to a Tesla if necessary. You can apply for a showroom license here https://www.intrinsicdev.com/showroom-license-request/ if you don't already have one.

Hope that helps!

• 8 months later...

Have perfect use case for this. Plan to use the calendar driver from @Shivam Paw to automatically read my work schedule and turn on hvac 10 min before I go to work and 10 min before I get out of work so my car is always cool or warm and I don't have to remember. Nothing worse than forgetting to warm up your car in the winter! 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@IntrinsicGroup 

The statement below is no longer correct.  As of Dec 2nd 2021, Control4 systems running OS 3.1.3 and above can access drivers like this through phones & tablets. It just requires that the driver is updated to support the new javascript API.  See https://control4.github.io/docs-driverworks-proxyprotocol/#javascript-api

• Please note – This driver uses Webview to create a custom interface. Currently Control4 only supports this on touchscreens and not through their apps. As soon as Control4 make this available on their app the driver will be updated to support this.

On 12/8/2021 at 7:44 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

We're updating the driver so have temporarily removed it from sale. We'll let you know once it's back on the site. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Since you are updating the driver can you also please update it so it will work with 2.9.1 systems? The current driver does not work with 2.9.1. 
thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 6:51 PM, Neo1738 said:

I don't have it installed yet have been waiting for it to come back to get my dealer to install. 

Ah no problem, hopefully it won't be much longer.

On 2/4/2022 at 5:20 PM, jillmark99 said:

@IntrinsicGroup when you update the driver any chance it will work with 2.9.1? 

Yes, I believe it will be updated for this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If the house can know where the car is and it is within (for example) 100 yards of the house C4 could open the garage and when it leaves the geofence it could close the garage? that would obviate the need for HomeLink and the 300-400 dollar garage door opener on the Tesla.

Will the driver be able to know the proximity of the vehicle to the house?

On 3/1/2022 at 5:40 AM, IntrinsicGroup said:

Not as yet I'm afraid, there one driver ahead of it in the queue and once that's updated we'll be able to look at Tesla again.

Apologies for the delay.

Looking forward to this. Any idea on timing?

1 hour ago, TexasBill said:

If the house can know where the car is and it is within (for example) 100 yards of the house C4 could open the garage and when it leaves the geofence it could close the garage? that would obviate the need for HomeLink and the 300-400 dollar garage door opener on the Tesla.

Will the driver be able to know the proximity of the vehicle to the house?

I can’t imagine it would be constantly aware of the location…just get the Tesla garage door opener. I forgot 3 and Y have to add them manually. They came from the factory in our cars and they’re brilliant. 

7 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

I can’t imagine it would be constantly aware of the location…just get the Tesla garage door opener. I forgot 3 and Y have to add them manually. They came from the factory in our cars and they’re brilliant. 

I second this. Just go with the Tesla homelink to automatically open/close garage doors with geofencing. It’s rock solid and works every time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 8:06 AM, ILoveC4 said:

I did and my wife loves it! It simply works - not cheap but neither was the car. When you drive up the car beeps and the garage door opens. It also can (with the push of a button that pops up when you gett withn 100 feet) any of the other garage doors as well. (or close them)

Thank you for the advice.