C4 Forums | Control4

Moving a 6 button / 3 button

rchawla80

Okay so another question:

Let's say I have a normal outlet where there is just a simple on off switch. If I remove it and put a 3 button/6button and wire it. Obviously that one switch will stop working? How will I get that "load"

onto that button or will I loose control of that load?

So If I understand this better. I need another "outlet" to move the 6 buttons to if I dont want to loose any existing use of my switches.

Hmmm - is it easy enough to create another one or split power from another?

Thanks

You better be careful.

To answer your question though, all a three or six button keypad needs is power.

With regards to splitting wires and stealing power from something else, you should really call an electrician (or at least someone that knows something about simple electrical work).

It sounds like you dont really understand electrical wiring, and it isnt something to just mess around with. If you dont want to hurt yourself I would hire an electrician.

If you still want to risk either burning something down or electrocuting someone, my post in this thread explains the wiring of buttons versus switches:

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=4132

Also, please read my signature

It sounds like you dont really understand electrical wiring, and it isnt something to just mess around with. If you dont want to hurt yourself I would hire an electrician.

If you still want to risk either burning something down or electrocuting someone, my post in this thread explains the wiring of buttons versus switches:

Also, please read my signature

Says the guy who uses dont rather than don't and isnt rather than isn't.

Disclaimer: I am not good at spelling and punctuation, but I am a really good at being cynical.

Edit: typo.

It sounds like you dont really understand electrical wiring' date=' and it isnt something to just mess around with. If you dont want to hurt yourself I would hire an electrician.

Also, please read my signature[/quote']

Says the guy who uses dont rather than don't and isnt rather than isn't.

Disclaimer: I am not good at spelling and punctuation, buy I am a really good at being cynical.

This is all too funny. People correcting each others punctuation and grammer, with errors in their punctuation and grammer.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert in any of this either, I'm just a major smartass =)

Edit to fix grammatical/spelling error...LMAO!!!

I also can't type. I have been told my singing is a bit off key (sounds fine to me).

I am ugly and my mother dresses me funny.

In fact I am so ugly I can make an onion cry. <insert rimshot>

When I was born my mom said, "What a treasure". My dad said, "Yes, Let's bury it" <insert rimshot>

All in good clean fun.

Archived