C4 Forums | Control4

Iphone C4 Remote

rchawla80

I have to start this thread because I feel I owe it to C4. I installed the C4 remote last night with a trial code. This remote is amazing. It is about 10x faster than all my remotes in the house because it runs on WIFI and not Zigby. I have found using my C4 system a blessing now rather than waiting for menus and songs to load when I click an album.

Thank you C4. I find the per license cost a bit of a rip off but I guess they are going to loose remote revenue and lcd revenue because of it. I really hope one day though, there is a direct consumer channel for C4, it really puts us more technically inclined in a bad place.

Not that I do not respect the dealers: a lot of fair ones on this forum.

Thanks

For the most part I have to reboot my iPhone after I access the "camera" section of the interface for the first time. I do not have any cameras installed in my project, but use it to access screen shots of local weather maps, forecasts, etc. from different websites. After the reboot the app works flawlessly.

Firmware 3.0 and 3.1 from Apple for the iPhone caused several problems requiring a reboot. In 3.0 I had to reboot the iPhone to get my message tones to play. 3.1 fixed that but not my C4 interface flukes as mentioned above.

Mine did crash a lot in the beginning. I was low on battery. Ensure that your battery is good and hard boot the phone.

Dealers - do you know if C4 is due to come out with an update?

Thanks

Contol4 doesn't manage the updates nor did it create the software - a company called Control UI did. Might contact them in regards to your issues so that they can address them. Www.controlui.com

Archived