C4 Forums | Control4

Driver Released: Apple HomeKit and Siri Voice control Driver for Homebridge

18 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

I think i've recently seen @Joshua Pressnellanswer something not to long ago. Try him direct.

What problem do you have?

Other than my tinkering, the varietas has been completely stable for me (even through changes of apple home betas). I've had it since beta, and even though i've tried other drivers/methods, this has been the one solution i use regularly.

ps....still working with ios16 & macOS 13 betas

These are my issues:

List Devices: Not all devices are listed specially Thermostat if I refresh Devices

Error Message: Error Parsing return status: calling 'GetVariable' on bad self (idDevice should be a number)

Other issues: Home Hub IP changes automatically every once and a while to 127.0.0.1 overwriting the IP address for HomeBridge

30 minutes ago, Amr said:

These are my issues:

List Devices: Not all devices are listed specially Thermostat if I refresh Devices

Error Message: Error Parsing return status: calling 'GetVariable' on bad self (idDevice should be a number)

Other issues: Home Hub IP changes automatically every once and a while to 127.0.0.1 overwriting the IP address for HomeBridge

Hopefully Josh responds with the right answers....

I've only had problems when a device is not supported. that said, if it's native to home i ignore it. My ecobees always show up and then i ignore them. that said, if you have a lot of devices don't delete the extra bridges that show up...found that out the hard way.

I've had this error before, not sure of the right way to clear it...... sorry. I might have just redone the install if it was bad.

Now the IP is a good one! I assume you're using all static for the home hub server?

6 minutes ago, ekohn00 said:

Hopefully Josh responds with the right answers....

I've only had problems when a device is not supported. that said, if it's native to home i ignore it. My ecobees always show up and then i ignore them.

I've had this error before, not sure of the right way to clear it...... sorry. I might have just redone the install if it was bad.

Now the IP is a good one! I assume you're using all static for the home hub server?

Yes, all static

• 3 weeks later...

Good Day All!

I am Excited to share an update to the Driver.

Programmable Switch

We have added support for Programmable Switch. Each Switch has three Function (Single Press, Double Press, and Long Press) that we can program from Control4 to execute it in HomeKit. With this we can Control any HomeKit Enable Accessory from Control4.

For Example, We can Control Homekit Enable Devices with Experience Button. Schedule Homekit Enable Devices from Control4. Have it Execute from Control4 Scene or Any Event.

image.thumb.png.1fdbc844fbae531147ee6c0068ded6b8.png

308960468_WhatsAppImage2022-07-15at11_17_15AM.thumb.jpeg.ab55f6ac144b5fec841e54c7d5ccd9cd.jpeg

Custom Voice Command Enhancement

We have Added Enhancement to Custom Voice Command to make 2-way Feedback.

For Example, we have Good Night Command. When we Execute Good Night Command from Home app or from Siri we will get the Proper Status in Home app but if we Execute Good Night Scene from Control4 keypad then it will not have Proper status on Home app. To fix this Problem Now we can Program the Custom Command from Programming section of Composer. So, based on the Custom Command Usage we can Program the Status and make it seamless across Control4 and Home app.

image.thumb.png.4b0fe14b9aad28f72203cca5482b9308.png

We have not Released Driver to Driver Central yet as i am looking for some Beta tester who are using our Driver Currently. Please PM Me if you interested.

We will release the final copy of driver by Coming week.

• 2 weeks later...

@rayalon Asked a Great Question regarding User presence in the House and then Triggering Automation from Control4 based on it. He simply wanted a Variable that gets set true/false based on his presence in Home.

That got me thinking🤔 first but then it triggered we already have Custom light accessory. Now in Home app we can define Automation based on People Arriving or Leaving from House. With this i set the Custom Light to ON when I am at home and OFF when I leave from Home. This Custom Light feedback sent to Control4. In Control4 Programing based on Light State i have Set a Boolean Variable.

Now i can use this Variable in Condition to Only Execute Programing if i am at Home.

@rayalon Thank you

1088920494_WhatsAppImage2022-07-27at2_11_28PM.thumb.jpeg.11ca858fd33a65904e29e806db81ba28.jpeg1998633259_WhatsAppImage2022-07-27at2_11_12PM.thumb.jpeg.ff24f4d807a74e9c3dd27e1a44a3c787.jpeg

I had setup the driver with a project running OS3.3, I have several issues, in a nutshell:

- Driver has issues working with Shutters using Bond Bridge, some Shutters works others show "No Response" and therefore these doesn't work from Apple Home App

- Lighting Scenes have issues, they don't work and they reappear in other rooms? Even after removing it from the designated room, the other room that shows it still shows it with No Response warning, I can't remove it from HomeKit as well, JSON doesn't expose list of devices

- Driver doesn't work with the legacy Wireless Outlet Dimmer LOZ-5D1

- Driver has some issues with Contact Sensors, I believe its sensitive to naming convention of HomeKit, but sill some devices appear in HomeKit after renaming, others doesn't show

While the drivers is wonderful, fast and makes life easy with zero touch of missy homekit Jason, etc. I might have these small issues that need a remote login to my system or whatever logs you need I can share just point me to the right direction. 

19 hours ago, Amr said:

I had setup the driver with a project running OS3.3, I have several issues, in a nutshell:

- Driver has issues working with Shutters using Bond Bridge, some Shutters works others show "No Response" and therefore these doesn't work from Apple Home App

- Lighting Scenes have issues, they don't work and they reappear in other rooms? Even after removing it from the designated room, the other room that shows it still shows it with No Response warning, I can't remove it from HomeKit as well, JSON doesn't expose list of devices

- Driver doesn't work with the legacy Wireless Outlet Dimmer LOZ-5D1

- Driver has some issues with Contact Sensors, I believe its sensitive to naming convention of HomeKit, but sill some devices appear in HomeKit after renaming, others doesn't show

While the drivers is wonderful, fast and makes life easy with zero touch of missy homekit Jason, etc. I might have these small issues that need a remote login to my system or whatever logs you need I can share just point me to the right direction. 

Please PM your Remote login detail. I am available now.

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2022 at 10:12 PM, cylon147 said:

If you are a Control4 Dealer you can Buy from here..

This looks cool.

I run Homebridge on a Mac.  I noticed you didn't list Mac as a platform for Homebridge.  I that known to be an issue?  I am trying to help my dealer install the Homebridge Manager Driver and it does seem to want to talk to my Mac (says No Response from Homebridge Check IP Address).

Does your software allow Control4 control of HomeKit devices?   I installed the myQ plugin for Homebridge, and that works great.  I'm wondering if HomeKit garage openers can appear on Control4 Navigators?   Or does it only work the other way around (HomeKit control of Control4 stuff)?

4 hours ago, cnicholson said:

Homebridge Manager Driver and it does seem to want to talk to my Mac (says No Response from Homebridge Check IP Address).

Update (partial success):   I (twice) reset the password on Homebridge and even create a (redundant?) user "admin" with password "admin."  Anyway, they are talking now, but I can't access the HB Config web interface--- I just use a separate browser window.

I'm now setting up some rooms/devices and playing around.

On 9/26/2022 at 7:51 AM, cnicholson said:

Update (partial success):   I (twice) reset the password on Homebridge and even create a (redundant?) user "admin" with password "admin."  Anyway, they are talking now, but I can't access the HB Config web interface--- I just use a separate browser window.

I'm now setting up some rooms/devices and playing around.

You can only access HB Config web Interface from Composer over HTTPS connection.

Does your software allow Control4 control of HomeKit devices?   I installed the myQ plugin for Homebridge, and that works great.  I'm wondering if HomeKit garage openers can appear on Control4 Navigators?   Or does it only work the other way around (HomeKit control of Control4 stuff)?

Yes, You can trigger anything from Homekit Device to Control4. You may not have full UI in Control4 but you can program anything that is available in Home App.

The Accessory we have added to accomplish this Called "Programmable Switch". The Programmable switch has three functions "Single", "Double"  and "Triple" Press. We can program anything from Home app to this. its still in Beta Testing if you i like i can share it you.

11 hours ago, cylon147 said:

Yes, You can trigger anything from Homekit Device to Control4. You may not have full UI in Control4 but you can program anything that is available in Home App.

The Accessory we have added to accomplish this Called "Programmable Switch". The Programmable switch has three functions "Single", "Double"  and "Triple" Press. We can program anything from Home app to this. its still in Beta Testing if you i like i can share it you.

Thanks.  That would be great to try out the Programmable Switch.  I see many uses for this, but the first thing we are trying to accomplish is to make my MyQ garage doors available for C4 programming and Navigator control.  I already have them in Homebridge via the MyQ plugin (which works great!).   The current "proof of concept" solution is to set up a dummy light switch in C4 ("Control Proxy"), publish to HomeKit with your software and then, in HomeKit, open garage door when the "light" turns on and close when it turns off.   Then use another C4 dummy light ("State Proxy") and have HomeKit turn it on when Garage door is open, and off when closed.   This more or less tracks state changes if garage is opened via Siri or the manufacturer's physical wall switch.

This works fine for programming, but we're still working on a way to map this into a full-fledged "Garage Door" device in C4/Navigators.  Any tips for that?

Finally, on the SSL thing for HB Config UI, any tips on quick way to make that work?

Thanks again!

14 hours ago, cnicholson said:

Thanks.  That would be great to try out the Programmable Switch.  I see many uses for this, but the first thing we are trying to accomplish is to make my MyQ garage doors available for C4 programming and Navigator control.  I already have them in Homebridge via the MyQ plugin (which works great!).   The current "proof of concept" solution is to set up a dummy light switch in C4 ("Control Proxy"), publish to HomeKit with your software and then, in HomeKit, open garage door when the "light" turns on and close when it turns off.   Then use another C4 dummy light ("State Proxy") and have HomeKit turn it on when Garage door is open, and off when closed.   This more or less tracks state changes if garage is opened via Siri or the manufacturer's physical wall switch.

This works fine for programming, but we're still working on a way to map this into a full-fledged "Garage Door" device in C4/Navigators.  Any tips for that?

Finally, on the SSL thing for HB Config UI, any tips on quick way to make that work?

Thanks again!

Currently i don't see any way to get the full-fledged Devices Control of Devices which are added in Homekit but I will defiantly work on this and see if i can make a break through.

22 hours ago, cnicholson said:

I converted my Homebridge installation to SSL (self-signed certificate) and Homebridge works through the https web interface…but the C4 Homebridge driver stopped functioning. I remapped the driver to the https port but that didn’t change anything. 

I would also like to know how to address the https error message and how to get this driver working with https Homebridge. 

35 minutes ago, WhyPhy said:

I converted my Homebridge installation to SSL (self-signed certificate) and Homebridge works through the https web interface…but the C4 Homebridge driver stopped functioning. I remapped the driver to the https port but that didn’t change anything. 

I would also like to know how to address the https error message and how to get this driver working with https Homebridge. 

you have assigned a Custom Port number ?

8 hours ago, cylon147 said:

Currently i don't see any way to get the full-fledged Devices Control of Devices which are added in Homekit but I will defiantly work on this and see if i can make a break through.

We got this working pretty well (knock on wood) yesterday using the two "proxy" C4 light switches idea I mentioned above.   We use a Garage door experience button that is not connected to anything.  We program off the icon press and toggle the "control" light (if Garage is open, turn the "light" off, and vice versa).  Then, in HomeKit, I open the garage door (via MyQ) when the fake light turns on and vice versa.

For state tracking / feedback, when MyQ (on the HomeKit side) sees that the garage state changes to "closed," I turn the fake "state" light off (and vice versa).  Then, on the C4 side we program off this light proxy and change the state of the C4 Garage button to match.

Works great. I can operate Garage door from Siri voice commands, from HomeKit buttons, from C4 navigators, from C4 programming (e.g., from DS2 key codes) or from the physical manufacturer buttons on (real) garage wall and it all stays in sync.  A bit of a kludge, to be sure, but it works so far.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.