C4 Forums | Control4

Driver Released: Apple HomeKit and Siri Voice control Driver for Homebridge

26 minutes ago, WhyPhy said:

Yes, the IP address and Port match between Composer and the Homebridge web interface in the browser window:

spacer.png

That is wrong configuration. the Server IP property should have IP address only also you are using very old version of the driver.

Please PM me your email id i will share the latest version of the Driver file.

The current version has HTTPS url Property where you can Add the HTTPS url of Homebridge. That should fix your issue.

7 minutes ago, cnicholson said:

We got this working pretty well (knock on wood) yesterday using the two "proxy" C4 light switches idea I mentioned above.   We use a Garage door experience button that is not connected to anything.  We program off the icon press and toggle the "control" light (if Garage is open, turn the "light" off, and vice versa).  Then, in HomeKit, I open the garage door (via MyQ) when the fake light turns on and vice versa.

For state tracking / feedback, when MyQ (on the HomeKit side) sees that the garage state changes to "closed," I turn the fake "state" light off (and vice versa).  Then, on the C4 side we program off this light proxy and change the state of the C4 Garage button to match.

Works great. I can operate Garage door from Siri voice commands, from HomeKit buttons, from C4 navigators, from C4 programming (e.g., from DS2 key codes) or from the physical manufacturer buttons on (real) garage wall and it all stays in sync.  A bit of a kludge, to be sure, but it works so far.

Great!👏

21 minutes ago, cylon147 said:

Also you are using very old version of the driver.

Looking on DriverCentral Homebridge Manager page, I have the latest version of the driver (07/24/2021, v651). The dates and version number on DriverCentral match the controller versions.

Looking at the DriverCentral Siri Voice Module page, there appears to be newer versions (02/09/2022, v664). The controller auto-updated to this latest version of the Siri Voice Module driver (but not the Homebridge Manager driver.)

My guess is that the older version of the Homebridge Manager Driver on DriverCentral is why that driver is not auto-updating. Packaging the newest version of the Homebridge Driver inside the Siri Voice Module Driver is not resulting in both drivers being updated automatically. My guess is that if you update the Homebridge Manager Driver to the latest version on DriverCentral, controllers will start updating, but I'm not positive on that.

13 minutes ago, WhyPhy said:

Looking on DriverCentral Homebridge Manager page, I have the latest version of the driver (07/24/2021, v651). The dates and version number on DriverCentral match the controller versions.

That's Correct. i will get it fixed.

Meanwhile if you need updated driver please PM your email id.

Sorry for what ever inconvenience caused.

I'm glad we were able to figure out the issue!

This thread is very helpful, but I think the thread title is no longer representative of the content. Maybe it would be more helpful to others if you edited the first post and changed the thread title to something like "DTI Siri and Homekit Driver Official Support Thread"?

I'll let you know if the driver doesn't auto-update and if I still have https issues once the new version is installed.

Agree that maybe we need a new thread.  But, until then, I'm hungry for tips, so will ask another question here:

In the course of experimenting with renaming blinds to get Siri to better understand my requests, it seems that my attempts to set *different* names have created *duplicate* accessories in HomeKit.  I tried the driver action "Delete all Blinds," but the accessories still exist in HomeKit.   And, in HomeKit, there is no "remove item" option in settings.

What am I doing wrong?  How can I fix?

Thanks!

It's so fun/exciting to play with this driver and see what I can make it do for me.

7 hours ago, cnicholson said:

In the course of experimenting with renaming blinds to get Siri to better understand my requests, it seems that my attempts to set *different* names have created *duplicate* accessories in HomeKit.  I tried the driver action "Delete all Blinds," but the accessories still exist in HomeKit.   And, in HomeKit, there is no "remove item" option in settings.

What am I doing wrong?  How can I fix?

When we Rename a Device it get Replaced by New Device with New Name. If that is not happening please allow me Remote access to System i will take a look.

I still can't get Homebridge Manager driver to connect to my HomeBridge Server (Synology Docker) after converting HomeBridge to https. I updated the driver to the latest version 653 (02/09/2022). I used the one included in the Siri Voice Module Driver because the Homebridge Manager version on DriverCentral is still 651.

I was eventually able to get the Siri Voice Module to connect to the DTI websocket, despite the documentation providing no information on how that is supposed to be configured. The driver requests the "HB HTTPS URL", which is https://192.168.10.10:8581 for my server. I enabled debug and noticed that I kept getting LUA error messages about the websocket being unable to connect to ws:/192.168.10.10:34379. I went into Homebridge and found that the DTI websocket driver is running on port 57066, which is not something I configured. It seems websocket port 34379 is hard-coded into the Siri driver, so I changed the settings of the DTI Websockets Driver to port 34379 and finally got the websocket connection.

However, I still can't get the HB User Interface tab to load in either driver. And the Homebridge Manager driver will not connect. The Homebridge Manager driver doesn't have a field to enter the HTTPS URL or port number. I synced to the Siri driver port settings, but it still would not connect. It seems the port sync command in the Homebridge Manager driver only pushes the port settings to the Siri driver and does not read port setting or HTTPS URL from the Siri Driver.

I'm a bit frustrated. I've tried everything I can think to do and it just won't connect. It seems to me that these drivers have not been thoroughly tested with an HTTPS instance of Homebridge. And the documentation definitely hasn't been updated to include HTTPS config instructions. What do I need to do to get this working?

Homebridge Manager Screen Captures:

RoZsOy4.png

jmI2JHr.png

Siri Module Screen Capture:

5NhVpvs.png

9 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

I still can't get Homebridge Manager driver to connect to my HomeBridge Server (Synology Docker) after converting HomeBridge to https. I updated the driver to the latest version 653 (02/09/2022). I used the one included in the Siri Voice Module Driver because the Homebridge Manager version on DriverCentral is still 651.

Extremely sorry about this. When i updated the driver on Driver Central Server I Forgot to Press Save button on Driver Version Update. This has been fixed.

I was eventually able to get the Siri Voice Module to connect to the DTI websocket, despite the documentation providing no information on how that is supposed to be configured. The driver requests the "HB HTTPS URL", which is https://192.168.10.10:8581 for my server. I enabled debug and noticed that I kept getting LUA error messages about the websocket being unable to connect to ws:/192.168.10.10:34379. I went into Homebridge and found that the DTI websocket driver is running on port 57066, which is not something I configured. It seems websocket port 34379 is hard-coded into the Siri driver, so I changed the settings of the DTI Websockets Driver to port 34379 and finally got the websocket connection.

Websocket is Handled by driver only and there is no Contol or Changes need to be done by user. This has been stable and working from the beginning of the driver deployment. I am sure something is not right here. I will be able to Assist you and check whats going wrong over Remote Support.

However, I still can't get the HB User Interface tab to load in either driver. And the Homebridge Manager driver will not connect. The Homebridge Manager driver doesn't have a field to enter the HTTPS URL or port number. I synced to the Siri driver port settings, but it still would not connect. It seems the port sync command in the Homebridge Manager driver only pushes the port settings to the Siri driver and does not read port setting or HTTPS URL from the Siri Driver.

I'm a bit frustrated. I've tried everything I can think to do and it just won't connect. It seems to me that these drivers have not been thoroughly tested with an HTTPS instance of Homebridge. And the documentation definitely hasn't been updated to include HTTPS config instructions. What do I need to do to get this working?

Each Homebridge setup is unique. I have faced lot of challenges while working with Dealers and making sure it works each time when they setup. 90% of the time i have noticed that the Problem is with the Platform where Homebridge is installed.

for Example, One of the Dealer complained that he often see "No Responce" in Home app while Controlling. After Working with him hours we found that Homebridge was installed on Windows and the Windows Tap adapter and Homebridge Network was clashing with Each other and that was crashing the Homebridge.

I am sure we can figure out the issue with your setup. Please PM me time and Remote access Details. I will be happy to help you out.

11 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

Thanks for your quick response. I’ll reach out to schedule a time for a remote session. 

I can tell u that I have never managed to have the driver show the Homebridge inside the driver ever, I also find that Synology https has tons of issues not only to this driver but to a lot others, so best thing is to access HB outside the driver and u can get everything sorted there and u will work normally, in the driver just set HB installed on NAS to “No” and it should work, I had HB installed in Docker and as an App and I have no issues since abandoning https!

• 1 month later...

This module was released out of beta a year ago. The title of this topic really should be edited and changed from "Beta Tester Wanted: Homekit Driver" to "Apple Homekit and Siri Voice Driver for Homebridge Released". It's just confusing the way it is. Hopefully @Amr will edit the first post in this thread and make it less confusing.

6 hours ago, WhyPhy said:

This module was released out of beta a year ago. The title of this topic really should be edited and changed from "Beta Tester Wanted: Homekit Driver" to "Apple Homekit and Siri Voice Driver for Homebridge Released". It's just confusing the way it is. Hopefully @Amr will edit the first post in this thread and make it less confusing.

Am not the author of the topic, only @cylon147 can do that!

Any one have issues with Home App not responsive or working after IOS 16.1.2 release? I have nothing working, I had entirely removed the home app and deleted everything but failed to get anything working again on a new setup I made!? Is it only me?

Drivers on C4 side fine and they saw the homebridge on my NAS and configuration sent, All rooms created in HB but I can’t add any child bridge in the Home App!?

No such issues for me, running HB on a Raspberry pi.

I did however encountered an issue when all my devices disappeard from HB and I had to re-add all of them (might be related to a faulty SD card).

From connectivity/stability POV - 100% solid, no hick-ups or non-responsive devices.

I received a call from DTI 2 minutes after posting my issue, I got taken care off, I have everything working now, I also have a clear knowledge of what to do if you are migrating your HB setup and what need to be done! Superior Support from DTI and I have my Home App working again and Geofencing is doing the magic :)

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2022 at 4:03 AM, cylon147 said:

Sorry found a way to edit the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we have ability of the HB Manager driver to send configuration to home bridge via programing? I have this consistent issue that most devices are non-responsive after a reboot, a "send configuration to HB" would force HB to reconnect, unless u have any say on this?  Since IOS 16.2 new frame work and the driver lost all its capabilites! All devices are sent to default room, I have removed all old device from my icloud account, still nothing works as it should! Are you going to look into this? more pple will upgrade to 16.2 and beyond and problems will mount! 

1 hour ago, Amr said:

Can we have ability of the HB Manager driver to send configuration to home bridge via programing? I have this consistent issue that most devices are non-responsive after a reboot, a "send configuration to HB" would force HB to reconnect, unless u have any say on this?  Since IOS 16.2 new frame work and the driver lost all its capabilites! All devices are sent to default room, I have removed all old device from my icloud account, still nothing works as it should! Are you going to look into this? more pple will upgrade to 16.2 and beyond and problems will mount! 

Yes.  This please.  Driver consistently does note reconnect after reboot.  HB Manager Driver reports licensing problem.  But if I "Send Config" and "Sync Ports" from main driver action and then "Send Config" from any Siri driver, stuff works again after a minute or so.  Not sure if steps 2 or 3 are required, but works for me.   Ideally: more elegantly recover from reboot.  But agree that programatic control over magic steps to get back on line would be OK with me, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.