C4 Forums | Control4

7" wi-fi optimal settings?

C4Newbie

So I just got mine and running the latest version of 1.7xxx but noticed whenever the device goes to sleep, it loses it's wifi connection. I know I can adjust the settings so wondering what optimal settings others have used? I also read that it is very bad to let the device drain it's battery completely without recharing? Any truth to that? I'm afraid it I leave it out of the doc for a few days (it's a weekend home), I might be screwed.

On the dock, it never goes to "sleep" unless you hit the button on the top edge of the unit. I don't think you will find the unit alive after two days off the cradle even when turned off. I have expereince with two units BTW.

I think I'm using screen saver= 2min. and a power-down= 20min off the cradle. Establishing the WiFi connection does not nearly take as long as re-connecting with the director.

On the dock, it never goes to "sleep" unless you hit the button on the top edge of the unit. I don't think you will find the unit alive after two days off the cradle even when turned off. I have expereince with two units BTW.

I think I'm using screen saver= 2min. and a power-down= 20min off the cradle. Establishing the WiFi connection does not nearly take as long as re-connecting with the director.

When does it need to establish a wifi connection vs re-connecting with the director?

It's possible to have an established radio conection but no conection to the director. I'm not understanding the importance of your question though.

So what settings will cause it to lose the director connection vs just a wifi connection? I'm assuming I will want to adjust settings to try and prevent loss of the director connection.

Archived