C4 Forums | Control4

Mini Apps for Apple TV - Not the same old conversation

Doug M

So I finally have some success with using control4 to call an Apple TV application directly.  Now I am looking for a mini app to bind to a virtual device for a more esthetic presentation.

I am currently using a generic relay which while functional and I can favorite to the room, it is not an attractive option.  Does anyone have insight on how to change the icon for the relay, or to modify a miniapp to call a relay or generic switch.

I appreciate the insight.

@zaphodhad a script that made changing the icon easy (if I recall correctly).  There are also online instructions on how to do this manually for non-encrypted drivers / experience buttons.

I haven’t played with mini-apps in years but can you not program against them based on “when selected” and use that to control your switch?

As a matter of interest, are you doing this by programming cursor movements and pressing enter? This is how I do it.

That is correct.  I'm having challenges changing the driver icon.  For relays, it doesn't seam to read the <display_icons> or the image in the proxy binding tag.

It consistently pulls the devices_sm\relaysingle_relay_open and close gifs.  I assume this is because I'm still using a relay proxy.

I did try to use a UI button, but when trying to program a state change, it would not trigger a relay or switch device that Homekit could see.  I appreciate any advise.  

The goal is to get a custom icon on Navigator to call the relay, or to simply edit the relay navigator icon.

• 1 year later...
On 7/15/2021 at 8:18 PM, Doug M said:

That is correct.  I'm having challenges changing the driver icon.  For relays, it doesn't seam to read the <display_icons> or the image in the proxy binding tag.

It consistently pulls the devices_sm\relaysingle_relay_open and close gifs.  I assume this is because I'm still using a relay proxy.

I did try to use a UI button, but when trying to program a state change, it would not trigger a relay or switch device that Homekit could see.  I appreciate any advise.  

The goal is to get a custom icon on Navigator to call the relay, or to simply edit the relay navigator icon.

I know it is an old thread, but we’re you able to get this working?

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 4:15 PM, Atrunco said:

I know it is an old thread, but we’re you able to get this working?

There is 1 solution for this Pyatv, Google it, also there is another driver coming with MiniApp support, still in beta testing from Intrinsic!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.