C4 Forums | Control4

MyQ DriverCentral driver now completely dead?

pfissure

On 10/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, RAV said:

ZIO can be configured as 2 contacts and 1 relay.
Using 1 per door, gets you the relay to create the button press, and the 2 contacts for open and closed.

Or use the relay (and contacts) in a controller if you're able and run wiring to the garage. However, there have been instances of EMI etc causing falses.

Little programming, its just connections to a driver in composer.

Ok I need some help with z2io wiring.  I have a liftmaster remote.  i have soldered wires to the contact points on the circuit board of the remote.  i can touch the two wires together and activate the remote and open and close the garage.  

My z2io is on my zigbee network and in composer HE i can use the "close relay 1" action and i hear the z2io clicking telling me that it should be working.  I have my two wires to the garage remote connected to the jumpers for relay 1.  i have no other wires connected to jumpers in the z2io.

I have the z2io configured in composer to Option 3 (1 relay 2 contacts).  

All of the above is good.  But the "close relay 1" action, while it makes an audible click in the z2io does not trigger the garage remote.  i have checked and rechecked all the wiring, and again the remote is activated if i just touch the wires together so I am at a loss.

The only thing I can think of is maybe if I have option 3 selected for the z2io i actually need to have two contacts connected to the z2io???  I am doing this project one step at a time so I wanted to get the garage activation working first before starting to work on the sensors and garage state detection.  I havent bought the contact sensors yet.  

I see there is an Option 4 in the z2io for just one relay, so maybe i should be using that option but unfortunately the z2io manual does not show me the wiring pattern for Option 4.  

Can anyone point me to the correct wiring pattern for Option 4 or Option 5 (both are for just 1 relay)?

And if there is any other advice you can give me I would very much appreciate it.  Thank you

Edit:

@pfissure  Ok. So I just quickly wired up my system to a spare Z2io I had.

You have the garage door opener wired correctly to the Z2io.

If you choose Option 3, you don't need the contact sensors wired for the z2io/option 3 to work.  You can just have the Relay hooked up to the door opener and you're good.  You just won't know if the door is open or closed.  

I noticed something new for the first time while I was testing this out.  If you switch between any of the options on the Z2io it wipes the bindings.  So if you've testing the different options you may have accidently wiped the bindings.

I recommend using the "Relay Garage Door Controller (os 2.9) driver.  It combines the relay commands and contact closures into one neat icon.  

You don't want to use open/close commands if testing manually.  You'll want to use 'toggle' commands to simulate a button being pressed and released.  

thank you very much for looking into this.

yes i did notice that the garage door binding was wiped after i experimented with different z2io options.

BUT the z2io device itself should still be working.  that is, if i use the actions "open relay" and "close relay" in the z2io it should work.  and indeed i hear the click so it seems to be working.  but it's not triggering the remote.

and as i wrote before the remote works fine for example if i just manually connect the wires.

so i think i have to conclude the z2io is faulty?

I would recommend doing one of two things.

1) Add a generic relay you can toggle.

2) Install the "Relay Garage Door Controller (OS 2.9) driver (assuming you have 2.9 or higher).

Make the bindings (or have a dealer make them for you) and then test it out.

Garage door openers don't have a 'open' or 'close' setting.  When you manually press the door opener button and release it, you are making a momentary electrical connection.  The open relay and close relay don't duplicate that action.  The toggle action does.

I would look at that first.  

23 hours ago, anon2828 said:

So on August 10th, 2022 - SnapOne acquired Clare Controls.

Clare Controls has an existing integration / partnership with MyQ (see: https://www.myq.com/works-with-myq/clare-controls).

So why can't SnapOne now get Control4 to integrate with MyQ again?

SnapOne - are you listening?!!

We don't know the details of that agreement and what they are allowed or not allowed to do.  If you want to have good working relationship with partners it doesn't make sense to use this a conduit to get access to MyQ without discussing it with MyQ first.  

If you go back and read some of my older post you will see that I was very critical of using the hacked methods with relays and soldering it to a remote.  I'm now on the side of this being the preferred method.  The slowness of MyQ to update and the annoying delayed close with beep is not something I'm interested in.  Now that I've been running the relay/sensor for some time, I'm sold. 

2 hours ago, DanITman said:

Now that I've been running the relay/sensor for some time, I'm sold. 

Physical Contacts / Relays IMHO is the only way to go for a garage door.  I mean, I really want to know if the door is opened or closed, regardless of whether the cloud service is having an issue, and I want to know it as soon as it happens...  :)

RyanE

3 hours ago, DanITman said:

We don't know the details of that agreement and what they are allowed or not allowed to do.  If you want to have good working relationship with partners it doesn't make sense to use this a conduit to get access to MyQ without discussing it with MyQ first.  

If you go back and read some of my older post you will see that I was very critical of using the hacked methods with relays and soldering it to a remote.  I'm now on the side of this being the preferred method.  The slowness of MyQ to update and the annoying delayed close with beep is not something I'm interested in.  Now that I've been running the relay/sensor for some time, I'm sold. 

agreed

Used to use the driver, way happier with the hard wired solution for the points mentioned here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.