C4 Forums | Control4

custom stations streaming

net_tech

11 hours ago, msgreenf said:

You just put them in the media tab under stations. 

Wait…is there supposed to be a different stations and channels on the media page here? I feel my labels are really old and not the most recent. I had gotten the internet radio added recently to have radio stations added more easily by URL but this past week stations wouldn’t load on any of my Neeos and just lock up. 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Internet radio is correct

I don’t see Internet Radio there in mine can I do that myself or does that have to be added remotely?

The benefit of this is that you can add an internet radio station and have it appear under the stations submenu on a navigator?

That would be nice - annoying you can’t select tunein as a source for that stations menu. 

I had the Internet Radio driver added earlier today and one of the custom links. When I open Room -> Listen -> Stations - > Sources -> Internet Radio is now an option with a custom stream link, but no option to add other custom stream links form the C4 app on the phone or a touch pannel. 

Are custom stations added by the dealer or I need to use C4 HE app to add more links ?

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, net_tech said:

@Dueport  So HE or Dealer the only two ways to add custom URLs and no way of adding them from the C4 app?

Thanks 

I believe that’s true (the documentation seems to indicate that) but I’m still figuring this out myself - if I discover anything to indicate otherwise I’ll post an update

• 4 months later...

Wanted to start a new thread but figured the appropriate parties were already here (looking at you @msgreenf 👀😉). 

How is one supposed to set an internet stream as a room preset? I tried selecting "stations"  in the Room Control preset driver and then choosing the internet radio stream as the source from the room driver via programming but two weird things happen: 

1).  There are weird "duplicate" selections of the source

2). The room can never shut off when cycling through presets if a internet radio station is set as a preset. 

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting an old thread (but for good reason i hope) as there appears to be little elsewhere on this specifically. Perhaps because it does appear to be straightforward and should 'just work'...

When adding Internet Radio to the project, configuring for the streams and refreshing all navigators, i cannot find any of these entries under Stations (whether it's under Sources, Genres etc..). "Internet Radio" is added to the System Design tab and configured under Media with two streams. Despite this, there is no update on any of the endpoints.

Has this since been superseded, is there another driver or there should be another way to do it under OS 3.3? The official documentation on this appears to be quite dated.

Cheers
Pops

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Do you have it showing in the room where you're trying to listen? Go to listen settings and making sure internet radio is shown

Hello.

Yes, added to the one room for testing (which made the Internet Radio entry appear in the Media tab within Composer). No resultant entry at the endpoints however.

24 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

But did you set it right in the room navigator settings? 

That appears to be missing. Going to the Navigator tab for the test room (which has Internet Radio within its tree), there is no reference to Internet Radio either in the the Experience Menus or Submenus. I had assumed i would also then see an option for it here too but it is missing under either of the Listen or Stations submenu.

38 minutes ago, Popolou said:

That appears to be missing. Going to the Navigator tab for the test room (which has Internet Radio within its tree), there is no reference to Internet Radio either in the the Experience Menus or Submenus. I had assumed i would also then see an option for it here too but it is missing under either of the Listen or Stations submenu.

You need stations and digital audio to show under listen in that room 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.