C4 Forums | Control4

Side Loading Android Phone App onto Tablet - To get Intercom

1 hour ago, Mufaddal S I said:

Hi there,

ย 

How did you change the resolution and what resolution did you change to? I have a Samsung tab which I need to change so that I can use the intercom function.

ย 

Thanks a lot.

Everything has a price, u can change the DPI settings In the developer menu but in landscape mode the Comfort will crash the app along with some other proxies that I cannot recall now.

Only portrait mode will work, so u better be on eBay sourcing these T3โ€™s as the experience will not be the same ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

As you can see above I managed to have everything working in 2 tablets in vertical mode, both 6โ€ and 8โ€ working fine with Intercom, I even have it working with my 4โ€ square ones. ย For the 8โ€ in landscape mode Intercom will work but comfort will not work u just see the icon but pressing it will crash the app!

• 2 months later...

I had 2 T3s (table top versions) go bad in the last couple weeks so started looking for alternatives. ย I picked up one of these Lenovo Smart Tab M8 Gen 3 (with charging station) -Lenovo Smart Tab M8 Gen 3 with Google Assistant and Charging Station | Lenovo US. Great form factor with stand and great price....

I was able to get intercom working when setting DPI to 214 (and greater). ย No crashing on comfort or other sections. ย Only problem is that it is in portrait mode only - which works agains the table stand format.

Anyone updates on getting landscape and intercom working?

ย 

Thanks!

ย 

On 1/23/2023 at 6:08 PM, JEC said:

I had 2 T3s (table top versions) go bad in the last couple weeks so started looking for alternatives. ย I picked up one of these Lenovo Smart Tab M8 Gen 3 (with charging station) -Lenovo Smart Tab M8 Gen 3 with Google Assistant and Charging Station | Lenovo US. Great form factor with stand and great price....

I was able to get intercom working when setting DPI to 214 (and greater). ย No crashing on comfort or other sections. ย Only problem is that it is in portrait mode only - which works agains the table stand format.

Anyone updates on getting landscape and intercom working?

ย 

Thanks!

ย 

No, it will not work in landscape! What do U mean by go bad for ur T3โ€™s, I had fixed 6 T3โ€™s and they work just fine!

1 hour ago, Amr said:

No, it will not work in landscape! What do U mean by go bad for ur T3โ€™s, I had fixed 6 T3โ€™s and they work just fine!

My T3 had the C4 w exclamation mark of death. No amount of hard reboot or trying to get it to reimage would work. Actually wouldn't even show up on the imager app my dealer had. Ended up in the trash got a T4. Moved the T4 to my daughters room and boy is it so much faster than a T3. Put the old T3 from her room in guest room where previous T3 crapped the bed.ย 

On 1/24/2023 at 11:05 PM, Neo1738 said:

My T3 had the C4 w exclamation mark of death. No amount of hard reboot or trying to get it to reimage would work. Actually wouldn't even show up on the imager app my dealer had. Ended up in the trash got a T4. Moved the T4 to my daughters room and boy is it so much faster than a T3. Put the old T3 from her room in guest room where previous T3 crapped the bed.ย 

Iโ€™d sell it on eBay not trash it, I buy T3โ€™s for parts, so u should make me an offer and Iโ€™ll go for it!

19 hours ago, Amr said:

Iโ€™d sell it on eBay not trash it, I buy T3โ€™s for parts, so u should make me an offer and Iโ€™ll go for it!

Sadly too late! Next time though I'll def keep you in mind. Was definitely a sw problem which is so upsetting they have them so locked down a dealer can't wipe and completely reimage.

4 hours ago, Neo1738 said:

Sadly too late! Next time though I'll def keep you in mind. Was definitely a sw problem which is so upsetting they have them so locked down a dealer can't wipe and completely reimage.

What u will do if I told u your dealar made a mistake and itโ€™s for sure fixable! He used a wrong cable and I can re-flash it for u in less than 10 mins!

On 1/27/2023 at 11:39 AM, Amr said:

What u will do if I told u your dealar made a mistake and itโ€™s for sure fixable! He used a wrong cable and I can re-flash it for u in less than 10 mins!

Well as it's already gone I'm sad lol. So takes a special usb cable for imager to see tablet locally not on network?ย 

On 1/30/2023 at 12:35 AM, Neo1738 said:

Well as it's already gone I'm sad lol. So takes a special usb cable for imager to see tablet locally not on network?ย 

Most mistakes comes from using a power USB cable not Data USB one, itโ€™s hell of a difference!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.