C4 Forums | Control4

Nest Thermostats

Recently noticed my C4 system not properly showing Nest thermostat feedback. The temperatures and set points don’t match reality and what’s shown in the Nest app. If I change the set point on one of them in C4, that seems to fix it and then all stats show correct temperatures (but not always). But after a while they are back to being out of sync.

Any ideas?

Any Happy Thanksgiving!

Any ideas?  The Nest status in C4 is never in sync with the Nest thermostats when I check. The current temperature and setpoint status are incorrect.  I tried rebooting my EA-3 several times, but that didn't help.

Pretty much makes the Nest integration useless.

Thanks,

Dino

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
20 minutes ago, diwit said:

Hi, I'm hoping that someone can help me. Not sure if this should be in electric or plumbing but here goes. A while ago my brother decided to install a nest thermostat. He replaced the old thermostat on the wall with the nest but that's as far as he got as he didn't feel confident to install the heat link. I had some time on my hands so decided to help him out. I've installed the heat link and it all works grand. The only issue I'm having is that the wires where the old thermostat was placed don't seem to be providing power to the nest thermostat. In fact they don't seem to be connected to the boiler at all. I didn't see the wires when I was connecting the heat link. They're not live so I don't know, I'm confused as to how the old thermostat was functioning as I cant locate a relay box to the boiler or anything. Any possible explanation or advice would be very much appreciated. Of course he could just get a stand for it but it seems a shame to have the location of the old thermostat go to waste.

What is needed the wiring diagram of the old Thermostat mapped to Nest, they have pretty good documentation on how to move from a traditional Thermostat to Nest, is this a must for a successful migration, also try Nest Forums!

On 11/29/2021 at 11:44 AM, msgreenf said:

Are you using the Google account for nest or still on a nest account?

By the way, is there a reason to or not to "upgrade" from Nest account to Google account? I have held off and kept mine on a Nest account. But it seems to create some issues on Nest to add additional users for example. It seems to be time to migrate to Google but unclear of what I would lose. Thanks

27 minutes ago, istreich said:

By the way, is there a reason to or not to "upgrade" from Nest account to Google account? I have held off and kept mine on a Nest account. But it seems to create some issues on Nest to add additional users for example. It seems to be time to migrate to Google but unclear of what I would lose. Thanks

Only reason to stay really is if you have (integrated into C4) Nest Protect devices.

Its slow, dosen't provide an instant response when u hit ON/OFF from C4, there is a considerable delay and its not differ on Nest or Google Accounts, Google is incridbly slow with their actions, lack of strategy is very clear! 

12 hours ago, Amr said:

there is a considerable delay and its not differ on Nest or Google Accounts

Indeed, so yes as such, as I mentioned unless you're using Nest Protect devices in C4 - which are dying out about now anyway - there is no specific reason to not move from a Nest account to a Google account.

Never said there aren't reasons to move away from Nest Thermostats 😉

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.