C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone running C4 Android app in Windows 11 Subsystem for Android?

zaphod

fwiw... I am giving up on this. Not worth the trouble.

Thx for the suggestions on hyperv manager. Installed that and tried all sorts of techniques to set the default switch to a different network. Can't get anything to work. Got into the Android settings, too, and when I change the virtual wifi (virtwifi) settings it then doesn't connect to the internet (or local connections). Even tried to put my vpn app on to route through that and anyconnect wouldn't get setup on the android windows subsystem.

#giveup. Was a lovely thought! Would love to hear from anyone who makes this work.

fwiw...

Used these commands after installing hyperv to try and set the default switch to a different ip...

Get-NetIPAddress -InterfaceIndex (Get-NetAdapter -Name 'vEthernet (Default Switch)').ifIndex | Remove-NetIPAddress
New-NetIPAddress -InterfaceAlias 'vEthernet (Default Switch)' -IPAddress '192.168.1.179' -PrefixLength 24
Set-DnsClientServerAddress -InterfaceAlias 'vEthernet (Default Switch)' -ServerAddresses ("192.168.1.1","8.8.8.8")

This gets you into the wifi settings...

.cd to ....android-platform-tools
./adb connect 127.0.0.1:58526
./adb shell am start -n com.android.settings/.Settings\$WifiSettingsActivity

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2021 at 1:09 AM, JR2 said:

You have to set a static IP address.  I use MEmu.  It works perfect.

Capture.PNG

Newbie question here but could someone help find which static IP address I should use, where can I find it? Is there any other setting I need to enter in MEMU? @JR2
Thank you !

• 4 months later...

The latest Windows Insider versions of Android Subsystem have fixes for networking that will likely resolve your issues.  I have it installed on my PC and it is working well, we have plans to support the OS 3 app on Windows 11 once Amazon/Microsoft are our of their public beta and our app can be downloaded directly from the Amazon app store, but for now we aren't making any specific app changes to address Windows 11 issues since the Android Subsystem still appears to be under development. 

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/05/20/update-to-windows-subsystem-for-android-on-windows-11/

https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/07/06/update-to-windows-subsystem-for-android-on-windows-11-july-2022/

On 12/19/2021 at 9:42 AM, cjh said:

Has anybody got this to work *without 4sight*? We don't have 4sight right now and it won't connect without. Have got it running (yeah) on a win11 beta channel system. It logins and starts pulling all the properties but doesn't finish b/c requires 4sight. I'm guessing it sees the android stack on a different IP and thus assumes it isn't on the same home network. Any way to change the IP range that the android stack uses? Also, I tried adding the android IP CIDR to allowed networks but that didn't change the outcome. 

Welcome options from the community.

Thanks!

If you use the latest version of Android Subsystem then you shouldn't need 4Sight.  They fixed things so that now the Android emulator has access to the local network.

image.png.7211ab48e094a1acfd0a0a2af8edfed8.png

• 9 months later...

The Control4 for OS 3 app has officially been released through the Amazon app store on Windows Subsystem for Android.  Note that the Microsoft and Amazon haven't rolled out support to all countries and regions yet, but as they do this will become available to you.

Here is their current list of Countries and regions that support Amazon Appstore on Windows.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/countries-and-regions-that-support-amazon-appstore-on-windows-d8dd17c7-5994-4187-9527-ddb076f9493e

image.png

2 hours ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

The Control4 for OS 3 app has officially been released through the Amazon app store on Windows Subsystem for Android.  Note that the Microsoft and Amazon haven't rolled out support to all countries and regions yet, but as they do this will become available to you.

Here is their current list of Countries and regions that support Amazon Appstore on Windows.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/countries-and-regions-that-support-amazon-appstore-on-windows-d8dd17c7-5994-4187-9527-ddb076f9493e

image.png

Unfortunately Control4 specifically it isn't showing up yet here in Australia.. But looking forward to it. Great work guys 

Sweet. I had been downloading it from other sources previously. Seemed to work fine for the most part, but would always fail to open cameras beyond thumbnails. I’ll definitely try this new version tomorrow and see if I still have that same problem with cameras. 

On 5/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

image.png

@Darin, C4 PM UI Im in the US on the East Coast, and when I search for the app in the Amazon App store app, it doesn't find anything.  Should I be seeing it? Am I just an idiot a and not doing it correctly?

I did go download the APK from someplace else though and side loaded it.  I still have the same issue in that I can bring up my cameras and see all the thumbnails, but if I select a camera to try to make it bigger it basically crashes and returns me back to the thumbnail view.  Although I will say the crash and return seems to be better in this latest version than it was in the previous 2 versions of the apk.

6 hours ago, Topfox said:

@Darin, C4 PM UI Im in the US on the East Coast, and when I search for the app in the Amazon App store app, it doesn't find anything.  Should I be seeing it? Am I just an idiot a and not doing it correctly?

I did go download the APK from someplace else though and side loaded it.  I still have the same issue in that I can bring up my cameras and see all the thumbnails, but if I select a camera to try to make it bigger it basically crashes and returns me back to the thumbnail view.  Although I will say the crash and return seems to be better in this latest version than it was in the previous 2 versions of the apk.

Make the window bigger, it will not crash

5 hours ago, Topfox said:

I’ll double check it, but I thought I running it full screen. 

Yep, same issue when running in full screen.  Everything else works great other than opening a camera beyond the thumbnail screen.  Crashes everytime.

1 hour ago, Topfox said:

Yep, same issue when running in full screen.  Everything else works great other than opening a camera beyond the thumbnail screen.  Crashes everytime.

Don’t use full screen then, make it like an iPad screen and every thing will be fine

9 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Ironic to recommend scaling an Android app to ipad resolution 

It’s how C4 app reacts to size and DPI, make it like a phone screen or a wide screen tablet, iPad was a practical joke, I meant the size 😄

On 5/12/2023 at 4:05 PM, Topfox said:

I would expect that anyone in the US should be able to find it when searching, but I'm not 100% on all the details for how Amazon & Microsoft do there distribution.  I know that in the Amazon app store developer console, it shows that our app is approved for distribution to Windows 11 devices and I'm able to find it by just searching for Control4 within the Amazon Appstore.

image.png.4bc70859344eca2d957a3beeb44f885e.png

9 hours ago, Darin, C4 PM UI said:

I would expect that anyone in the US should be able to find it when searching, but I'm not 100% on all the details for how Amazon & Microsoft do there distribution.  I know that in the Amazon app store developer console, it shows that our app is approved for distribution to Windows 11 devices and I'm able to find it by just searching for Control4 within the Amazon Appstore.

image.png.4bc70859344eca2d957a3beeb44f885e.png

Yeah that’s interesting. If I search it on amazons website it’s listed, but if I do it on my Windows 11 box in the amazon App Store app there is nothing. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.