Jump to content
C4 Forums | Control4

DSC Integration With Control4


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, DanITman said:

I’m not, I posted my brand above. 

Sorry I missed that.  Oddly enough the keypad appears in the Control4 app if your DSC board is anything other than a NEO board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Not sure if you have locks with keypads but knowing who entered/left via those is a lot easier. I have it set up to even alert me when house cleaners are there and run a lighting scene, turn on their music, open the shades for more light etc. When they leave goes back to how house was when they got there (via snapshot). 
For fish tank maintenance guy same thing. Sends me alert, turns off alerts for kasa outlet voltage changes on tank etc. 

To do this for me (kwikset locks) you have people's individual codes and in C4 you give them names. For programming you say 
When x door last unlocked by "Cleaners" 
-> Run scene xyz

As far as bypassing zones to arm which is the big thing you wanted I'm not sure as that's not an issue for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

To do this for me (kwikset locks) you have people's individual codes and in C4 you give them names. For programming you say 
When x door last unlocked by "Cleaners" 
-> Run scene xyz

I was just trying to figure out how to do this with Yale locks, but I don't see that it's possible - unless I'm missing something.  I do see a variable called LAST_UNLOCKED_BY, but I don't see how I can use it in programming.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

Not sure if you have locks with keypads but knowing who entered/left via those is a lot easier. I have it set up to even alert me when house cleaners are there and run a lighting scene, turn on their music, open the shades for more light etc. When they leave goes back to how house was when they got there (via snapshot). 
For fish tank maintenance guy same thing. Sends me alert, turns off alerts for kasa outlet voltage changes on tank etc. 

To do this for me (kwikset locks) you have people's individual codes and in C4 you give them names. For programming you say 
When x door last unlocked by "Cleaners" 
-> Run scene xyz

As far as bypassing zones to arm which is the big thing you wanted I'm not sure as that's not an issue for me. 

Appreciate the workaround but now what I am looking for.  The NEO system will show the user name/code of the person who armed/disarmed the system on the LCD.  It makes no sense why the Control4 history wouldn’t show that information as well.  Control4 should update their NEO driver to address this.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ajd123 said:

Appreciate the workaround but now what I am looking for.  The NEO system will show the user name/code of the person who armed/disarmed the system on the LCD.  It makes no sense why the Control4 history wouldn’t show that information as well.  Control4 should update their NEO driver to address this.  

It may not be up to C4 though. API could not have it available, or they could have been told they couldn't use it (privacy concerns)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Cyknight said:

It may not be up to C4 though. API could not have it available, or they could have been told they couldn't use it (privacy concerns)

So the integration doesn't make you type in your code to disarm?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DanITman said:

So the integration doesn't make you type in your code to disarm?  

Yes it does.  A keypad pops up during disarm.  However, there is no option with NEO boards in the Control4 app to bring up the keypad on its own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Huh? How does that disprove that it may be missing from the API to show user data in history?

Sorry, I thought you were saying that the api didn't support the use of a keypad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding bypassing open zones strange thing: the bypass feature works from most of my zones (excluding perimeter zones such as doors or garage doors).  For some reason it is not working with certain windows.  I received the following answer from Control4

"I did some research on if we can bypass an open DSC zone and I found this. The alarm installer would have to setup the zones to be bypassable from the DSC keypad and that will allow us to bypass them. When zone is bypassable when you go to arm the system, you will get another window that pops up that asks you to continue or cancel. As long as the zone is set to bypass yes or 1 on the keypad then we will bypass the open zones."

So I checked in the DSC setup and the zone that will not bypass IS setup as "Bypass Enabled" and IS part of the "Instant Stay/Away" zone type.  In other words, it is configured exactly the same as the other DSC zones which I AM ABLE TO BYPASS via the Control4 app.

Anyone have some other suggestions or insight what might be causing this?

CCI_001008.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2022 at 9:39 PM, LollerAgent said:

I was just trying to figure out how to do this with Yale locks, but I don't see that it's possible - unless I'm missing something.  I do see a variable called LAST_UNLOCKED_BY, but I don't see how I can use it in programming.

 

When I set up a persons code I enter a name for that person in C4 app. For last unlocked by have to put in that name not the code they enter and it has to be exactly the same caps wise and all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, tacos said:

Op - did you ever get a fix for this?

 

I am getting a new alarm soon and considering DSC, but this situation of yours sounds annoying 

Unfortunately no.  Simple solution is to install a regular DSC system NOT THE NEO LINE.  One of my biggest issues is not being able to arm the system if a zone is open.  When I have company over and they stay in the "guest bedroom", if they want to sleep with the window open, I cannot arm the system from Control4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/3/2022 at 12:22 PM, ajd123 said:

I would postulate that many Control4 users who use DSC opt for the Neo line so they can have a nice looking LCD touchscreen rather than the 30 year old alpha numeric keypad.

FWIW I have DSC PowerSeries and all my keypads are LCD touchscreens.  I have had them for several years now.  It's virtually identical to the Neo ones.  https://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-products/PTK5507 - PowerSeries TouchScreen Security Interface/1393

I use the paid Domo Sapiens driver with it and it's fantastic and definitely was worth the cost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, tacos said:

Op - did you ever get a fix for this?

 

I am getting a new alarm soon and considering DSC, but this situation of yours sounds annoying 

No it has not been resolved.  My suggestions is to get the DSC Powerseries (NOT DSC Neo).  Domosapiens makes a plugin (gotta pay but worth it) which supposedly provides all the functionality you might require.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 6:45 PM, 416to305 said:

FWIW I have DSC PowerSeries and all my keypads are LCD touchscreens.  I have had them for several years now.  It's virtually identical to the Neo ones.  https://www.dsc.com/alarm-security-products/PTK5507 - PowerSeries TouchScreen Security Interface/1393

I use the paid Domo Sapiens driver with it and it's fantastic and definitely was worth the cost.

Great suggestions, I wish my integrator had suggested this at time of installation.  Sadly I do not want to remove and replace the entire NEO board/controller and 2 LCD touchscreens.  It would be too cost prohibitive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2022 at 12:10 PM, ajd123 said:

Regarding bypassing open zones strange thing: the bypass feature works from most of my zones (excluding perimeter zones such as doors or garage doors).  For some reason it is not working with certain windows.  I received the following answer from Control4

"I did some research on if we can bypass an open DSC zone and I found this. The alarm installer would have to setup the zones to be bypassable from the DSC keypad and that will allow us to bypass them. When zone is bypassable when you go to arm the system, you will get another window that pops up that asks you to continue or cancel. As long as the zone is set to bypass yes or 1 on the keypad then we will bypass the open zones."

So I checked in the DSC setup and the zone that will not bypass IS setup as "Bypass Enabled" and IS part of the "Instant Stay/Away" zone type.  In other words, it is configured exactly the same as the other DSC zones which I AM ABLE TO BYPASS via the Control4 app.

Anyone have some other suggestions or insight what might be causing this?

 

This one's interesting - it may be some sort of limitation but it's hard to say if it's in the driver, the proxy or the alarm system API that is preventing it.

One way possible of bypassing it is to set the zones to delay stay/away and use a short delay on it. Your doors etc should be set to use delay 1 or delay 2, there's a fair chance delay stay/away is not used yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cyknight said:

This one's interesting - it may be some sort of limitation but it's hard to say if it's in the driver, the proxy or the alarm system API that is preventing it.

One way possible of bypassing it is to set the zones to delay stay/away and use a short delay on it. Your doors etc should be set to use delay 1 or delay 2, there's a fair chance delay stay/away is not used yet.

I did some testing and have discovered the following: Only zones 9-16 provide the ability to bypass those zones from the app when they are open.  This is exactly 8 zones.  Maybe the zones on the expansion boards are the ones creating the issue.  Anybody have some insight?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...