C4 Forums | Control4

Updating The Forum

msgreenf

Morning Everyone!  Dan and I have been talking and we would like to make the forums more productive and easier to use.  We have a few ideas and you will see a few things changing.

So far:

1) You can enable 2FA

2) You can delete attachments you upload now (Thanks @Darin, C4 PM UI for calling this out)

3) A few tweaks to make attachments easier

4) Added new sub forum for Voice Control

5) moved posts to right categories

6) Gif's are now enabled :)

Sweet GIF

We plan to:

1) Clean up the for Sale area

2) reorganize the topics

We would like your input.  Do you hate the ads?  We are going to look to take donations and move you to a tier with no ad's based on being a supporter!  

Please put your ideas to this thread and we will evaluate them and go from there!

Thanks for supporting c4forums!

• msgreenf changed the title to Updating The Forum

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

Morning Everyone!  Dan and I have been talking and we would like to make the forums more productive and easier to use.  We have a few ideas and you will see a few things changing.

So far:

1) You can enable 2FA

2) You can delete attachments you upload now (Thanks @Darin, C4 PM UI for calling this out)

3) A few tweaks to make attachments easier

4) Gif's are now enabled :)

Sweet GIF

We plan to:

1) Clean up the for Sale area

2) reorganize the topics

We would like your input.  Do you hate the ads?  We are going to look to take donations and move you to a tier with no ad's based on being a supporter!  

Please put your ideas to this thread and we will evaluate them and go from there!

Thanks for supporting c4forums!

@c4user thinking $10 a year subscription - does that sound resonable?

Great stuff

I’d like to see a larger forum to foster a better community - less verbal attacks, etc.  To help, some other successful forums I participate with offer sub forums totally off topic like sub forums on things you are cooking, home renovation tips (non c4 related), travel tips/advice, sports talk, etc.  Helps forum members get to know each other a bit more and in general makes the forums less hostile.  Not that this is a very hostile forum but we all know we get our flare ups from time to time.

2 hours ago, chopedogg88 said:

Awesome, thanks guys!  I would happily donate to support an ad-free environment.

How about Tapatalk support?  For me the lack of Tapatalk support like we used to have is a big bummer.

man, I wish we could but right now it looks like it's not supported, but I have it on my list of things to keep on researching!

Thanks for your works guys!

I think having a driver development/creation area would be helpful, even as a subforum to something else. If there's not demand for this, would it be possible to somehow clarify where these topics should go for future posters?

1 hour ago, Andrew H said:

Thanks for your works guys!

I think having a driver development/creation area would be helpful, even as a subforum to something else. If there's not demand for this, would it be possible to somehow clarify where these topics should go for future posters?

Driver Dev section is live!

1 hour ago, RAV said:

Would love a FAQ/BEST Practices section that newbies could be directed to, rather than rehash it each time.

Dedicated threads or guides for things like MyQ, AppleTV, 4sight, composer, etc.

thanks for the idea - have to think about the best way to structure this!

I see that there are 2 levels of subscription.  I trust that many will go for the Super Subscription and support the Forum!

Not sure if the super subscription adds any benefits or just the pleasure of giving more support!

Either way, worth serial users subscribing at the higher level to support the great work being done on the forum.

Thanks @msgreenf and Dan!

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

thanks for the idea - have to think about the best way to structure this!

Top discussion in forums list FAQ & How To Guides  - newbies check here first
Section and each post locked.
Anybody wanting to write one or amend, submits it to somebody with credentials to post in that section.

14 minutes ago, zaphod said:

Suggestion (I am guessing unlikely to be accepted) - a C4DIY sub-forum.

DIY is fine and talked about all over the forum; not sure why adding a sub forum is worth it?  As long as bypassing controls isn't discussed the DIY conversation is welcome