C4 Forums | Control4

Security system: native app and C4 coexistence?

maxspivak

Building a new home - is there a security system out there that integrates well with C4 and allows using either its native app (such as alarm.com or other) as well as programming in C4 and use through the C4 app?

Wife and kids like the alarm.com app. But would still like to have security triggers to activate scenes, such as "alarm alert turns on all lights"

I have this right now via old Concord4 panel with alarm.com app and the communications bus into C4. The question above is for the new house we're building. 

9 hours ago, maxspivak said:

Is there a security system out there that integrates well with C4 and allows using either its native app (such as alarm.com or other) as well as programming in C4 and use through the C4 app?

Wife and kids like the alarm.com app. But would still like to have security triggers to activate scenes, such as "alarm alert turns on all lights"

I have this right now via old Concord4 panel with alarm.com app and the communications bus into C4. The question above is for the new house we're building. 

The HouseLogix Security Integration Module (HSIM) allows this, although I do not know if it supports the Concord4 panel.

1 hour ago, maxspivak said:

HouseLogix is no more. This would be for a new install. 

To be clear the HSIM is sold and fully support by SnapOne these days.

But I'll echo qolsys as per above - it'll do both no problem. Do not that the Q4 isn't integrated (yet one hopes) so depending on timeline you may need to get the q2+

Oh, and check how many zones you're doing, know that the Qolsys units are built for wireless sensors, and while there's a  hardwire translator available, you can only use 1 of them on a panel.

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2022 at 11:20 AM, Cyknight said:

To be clear the HSIM is sold and fully support by SnapOne these days.

But I'll echo qolsys as per above - it'll do both no problem. Do not that the Q4 isn't integrated (yet one hopes) so depending on timeline you may need to get the q2+

Oh, and check how many zones you're doing, know that the Qolsys units are built for wireless sensors, and while there's a  hardwire translator available, you can only use 1 of them on a panel.

@Cyknight I have a DSC Neo that I am thinking about changing over to the Qolsys IQ4. I cannot find any limits on the number of IQ16F hardwire cards I can add to the panel. You mention above the limit is 1 per panel. Are you sure of this limit? I currently have about 60 wired zones on my panel and while some can be moved to wireless, I would prefer to keep most wired if I can. Thanks for any feedback.

7 hours ago, C4 User said:

@Cyknight I have a DSC Neo that I am thinking about changing over to the Qolsys IQ4. I cannot find any limits on the number of IQ16F hardwire cards I can add to the panel. You mention above the limit is 1 per panel. Are you sure of this limit? I currently have about 60 wired zones on my panel and while some can be moved to wireless, I would prefer to keep most wired if I can. Thanks for any feedback.

That was for the IQ2 - couldn't tell you if/what it is for the IQ4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.