C4 Forums | Control4

Improved Mobile Experience including Tapatalk

msgreenf

Alright, alright alright!  

2 exciting announcements today:

1) Tapatalk is back!  You all asked and we delivered!

2) We also have a PWA now, so if you don't want a mobile app like tapatalk you can install our PWA and still have a quick shortcut on your home screen and get push notifications.  PWA is also available on desktops for a really cool single app experience?  Not familiar with PWA, click the icon in the address bar with the downarrow to install the c4 app on mac or windows!

Screen Shot 2022-02-16 at 5.55.56 AM.png

This is awesome! Thanks Mitch!

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

you can install our PWA and still have a quick shortcut on your home screen and get push notifications

Just a heads-up for those who use iOS: Apple doesn't support push notifications in progressive web apps as they limit what service workers (the backbone of PWAs) can do w/Safari on iOS. And no, PWAs really don't work w/iPhones in other browsers if that's your next question. Still awesome to have this PWA option!! 

1 minute ago, tmj4 said:

This is awesome! Thanks Mitch!

Just a heads-up for those who use iOS: Apple doesn't support push notifications in progressive web apps as they limit what service workers (the backbone of PWAs) can do w/Safari on iOS. And no, PWAs really don't work w/iPhones in other browsers if that's your next question. Still awesome to have this PWA option!! 

dang, ok, I don't use iOS that much.  I know PWAs on Mac, Windows and Android are great

Thank you, Mitch! Have pretty much dropped off the forums without tapatalk. I use tapatalk for other forums and noticed some fishy "new device login" emails randomly popping up. It seems like whenever I open up tapatalk now, I get this email come through. Anyone else seeing this? 

9 hours ago, koxkp said:

Thank you, Mitch! Have pretty much dropped off the forums without tapatalk. I use tapatalk for other forums and noticed some fishy "new device login" emails randomly popping up. It seems like whenever I open up tapatalk now, I get this email come through. Anyone else seeing this? 

I did enable some new security features that notify you on account login.  I recommend switching to using a local account to using a federated identity like Google or LinkedIn so that you don't have that problem.