C4 Forums | Control4

Favoriting a shade or light turns it into a toggle, any way to make it stop, or be a dimmer?

416to305

Question

If I go into shades and make one of them a favorite, it basically makes it a toggle for open/close but no way to stop it, so it's either full open or full closed.  Is there any way to make it stop moving or specify the level?

Similar with a light, if I favorite it to a room it turns it into a toggle for on/off.  Is there any way to bring up the dimmer controls from the favorite as well?

7 answers to this question

No the favourite option on/to the main screen is a pure single press 'button', so a toggle is the only option (other than being a 'select' for some items, ie a video source favourite merely selects, certain 'devices' that it will scroll through - such as the fireplace timer experience button or the fan speed controller)

That's too bad, I was hoping it worked more like HomeKit where tapping would toggle, but press and hold would make it a dimmer.

OS 3 is so old and dated looking so hopefully OS 4 will be out soon that maybe fixes weird issues like these.

You could make a scene of those specific things if the desired level is something you want to have set often at that level. It does take some programing to accomplish this but it should be possible. Once the scene is setup you can favorite that scene and just toggle it. Hope that helps or is what you're looking for.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:10 PM, 416to305 said:

That's too bad, I was hoping it worked more like HomeKit where tapping would toggle, but press and hold would make it a dimmer.

OS 3 is so old and dated looking so hopefully OS 4 will be out soon that maybe fixes weird issues like these.

I really like the look and feel of OS3 so while I am always keen on new features, I see no rush for OS4.

Also, based on history, I would expect to get to 3.9 (or 3.10 or 3.11) before you get to OS4.

2 hours ago, C4 User said:

I would think it’s possible to create individual buttons for shade open, shade close and shade stop and then favorite the buttons. But, I have never tried this. 

Sure, you can create 3 buttons/experience buttons and do exactly that, but it means more clutter.

You could use a multi-experience button.  One hit is open, the next is 10% close, next is 20% close, etc etc.   Then the last button cycles back to open. Not exactly a dimmer, but it would work that one with just one button.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.