C4 Forums | Control4

Stream music from C4 to DLNA players

Hello everyone.

I want to stream music from my C4 sources like USB and radios to my external DLNA players like Arylic DLNA Amplifier (A30) or my Yamaha Music cast or even share the music to Alexa and use it as an DLNA speaker, How can I do this?

I already tried C4 My music(DLNA) but it doesn't see my DLNA players. Is this scenario possible?

• Javad changed the title to Stream music from C4 to DLNA players

10 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Control4 doesn't stream to DLNA. It does the opposite and streams from a DLNA source. 

Like when I play music on my itunes, Itunes discovers my players on network. I attached a picture. and I can stream music to the airdrop is this case is shairbridge and Arylic (it's not just an DLNA source, it has DAC out too) . Can't I do the same with C4? And if not, how can I do the Opposite way?

Untitled.jpg

Just now, msgreenf said:

C4 is a DLNA receiver. Not a DLNA server. You need to install the DLNA driver to send music to it via DLNA

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I already tried DLNA driver but it doesn't find my DLNA servers. Like I have universal media server on my windows but C4 doesn't see it. The universal server sees C4 as media renderer.

Btw is there anyway to see my DLNA playlist on C4? I already can send commands to it by Http post on scenes, is there any driver to use as interface to control this player from C4?

4 minutes ago, Javad said:

I already tried DLNA driver but it doesn't find my DLNA servers. Like I have universal media server on my windows but C4 doesn't see it. The universal server sees C4 as media renderer.

Btw is there anyway to see my DLNA playlist on C4? I already can send commands to it by Http post on scenes, is there any driver to use as interface to control this player from C4?

The thing I am trying to do is to add audio outputs to C4 except of the C4 own outputs and make a multi room audio. My idea is to use multi room audio solutions like Kodi. Is it possible?

• 3 months later...
On 5/10/2022 at 4:24 PM, Javad said:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.