C4 Forums | Control4

IOS: Camera Thumbs/Stream are extremely slow ++ 10 sec when (remote/local)

Hi team, issues consistent since I upgraded to OS3, I understood from the team OS3 was a new build not a leftup from OS2, I had same issues in OS2 and thanks to you, you fixed it for me.

I don’t have same issue at all with the Android application on any version over many different devices, so this is limited to IOS only app, takes forever to display cam thumbs whether locally or remotely, DS2 Cam comes very quickly, rest of cams show up sometimes and sometimes not and it’s very random, I mainly use Axis and Amcrest nothing else.

I tried every free and paid camera drivers, all have the same so it seems an authentication issue of some sort

Director Version: 3.2.4.615802

Main/Sec Controller: HC800

IOS App Version: 322.18.0.1506

IOS Version: 15.4.1

IOS Device: iPhone 13 Pro Max 

many thanks for reaching out to me to fix this once and for all.

7 minutes ago, Amr said:

Hi team, issues consistent since I upgraded to OS3, I understood from the team OS3 was a new build not a leftup from OS2, I had same issues in OS2 and thanks to you, you fixed it for me.

I don’t have same issue at all with the Android application on any version over many different devices, so this is limited to IOS only app, takes forever to display cam thumbs whether locally or remotely, DS2 Cam comes very quickly, rest of cams show up sometimes and sometimes not and it’s very random, I mainly use Axis and Amcrest nothing else.

I tried every free and paid camera drivers, all have the same so it seems an authentication issue of some sort

Director Version: 3.2.4.615802

Main/Sec Controller: HC800

IOS App Version: 322.18.0.1506

IOS Version: 15.4.1

IOS Device: iPhone 13 Pro Max 

many thanks for reaching out to me to fix this once and for all.

Can you send me a direct message with your contact information and I'll get a bug created for your camera issue?

@Jonathan, C4 Engineer I have had the exact same problem for a while now. I have 6 cameras - 1 DoorBird door station and 5 Hikvision cameras. The DoorBird's thumbnail works fine, but the Hikvision cameras thumbnail's usually take a long time to load only on the iOS app. I don't see this problem on Android or my T3 touch screens. I've tried 2 different Hikvision camera drivers, and it's the same problem with both of them.

Director: 3.2.4.615802

Main controller: EA-3

iOS device: iPhone 13 Pro (I see the problem on iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone Xs Max as well)

iOS app version: 322.19.0

iOS version: 15.4.1

Thanks for your help. I'm sending you a DM as well, if that should be easier. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.