C4 Forums | Control4

iPhone App won't connect locally

Hi,

For several days now, my iPhone app won't connect locally (I don't have/use insight for remote access).  Other devices (C4 Tablets, iPad) work just fine.

iPhone App version is: Version 322.19.0.1515 (from 5/11/22)

Version on C4 devices is: 3.2.4.615802

Errors I notice in the log say:

[Error][RealmRepository.swift:32] > [Realm Repository] Error: Migration is required due to the following errors:

- Property '....' has been removed/added (lots of these)

The logs show it otherwise connecting, proper username/password, etc..

I have tried "Reset App" but I get the same results.

Thanks.  That did it with one minor exception - looks like I had to be on the same subnet in order to get connected.  (I have IOT devices on their own subnet).

Switched to the IOT subnet and it worked fine.  And switching back (once connected) works just fine too.

Also - seems faster, which if true ... thanks!

2 hours ago, chudel said:

Thanks.  That did it with one minor exception - looks like I had to be on the same subnet in order to get connected.  (I have IOT devices on their own subnet).

Switched to the IOT subnet and it worked fine.  And switching back (once connected) works just fine too.

Much faster once you get it working. A real improvement!

8 hours ago, chudel said:

This is as designed. We try to locate the controller on the network using using a broadcast protocol however this doesn’t work over subnets. When we can’t find the controller we then rely on a web service call that requires a 4sight license. If you connect once on the subnet and we discover the option we save it for further use

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.