C4 Forums | Control4

1) Dimmer settings 2) losing LED settings for lights

drmark12pa

2 questions here:

1) what is the best setting for a dimmer switch or keypad dimmer to allow for ramping light level up/down?  I have a keypad dimmer running sink lights in bathroom newly installed and it's instantly on/off without ability to ramp up/down.  click rate is 2 sec, hold ramp rate up is 5 sec, hold ramp rather down is 5 sec....  this should work?

2) I seem to be losing my preset ON/OFF LED light settings on certain lights.  I have them programmed for keypad dimmer buttons to be green if a light is on and red if off.  However, randomly I've been having the LED settings get lost and default back to black.  When I go into Composer I switch back to RED/GREEN accordingly and then it works again.  LED behavior is set to PROGRAMMED and I use a macro for each room to set LED colors on switches pertaining to the room.

Are you sure the fixture/bulb for those sink lights is able to be dimmed?  If so it's likely a programming/binding issue. 

It sounds like you're making the LED color thing way harder than it needs to be.  It seems like you're referring to keypad buttons since you said the LED behavior is set to programmed.  If that is the case just bind that button to the light in connections and set LED behavior for that button to follow connection. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.