C4 Forums | Control4

can not connect to EA-1 files to edit a driver CSV file that address the sensors

Hi

I have a modbus driver, it use a CSV file that sit in the controller memory. before I could connect to the memory using \\192.168.0.20 (my controller ip). now I am in the project to set the final things, but I can not connect to the controller (EA-1) drive to edit the CSV file. any body has any idea what is the problem?

I will first note that I DO NOT recommend editing the CSV file direct. AT ALL.

That said, the base issue you're seeing is 'universal' in that you also can't get into other file locations including media so:

AFAIK this is actually a Windows (file explorer?) issue: any ip entered will redirect to the web page - even in file explorer. Even network mapping it will fail.

Instead use something like "advanced ip scanner", scan just for the controller an you'll see the folder, you can click on and connect from there - alternatively you can figure out your controllers broadcast name (again, advanced ip scanner will come in handy) and go \\{broadcast name usually something like MAC address + base controller line}. That will get you there too.

11 hours ago, BizhanN said:

Hi

I have a modbus driver, it use a CSV file that sit in the controller memory. before I could connect to the memory using \\192.168.0.20 (my controller ip). now I am in the project to set the final things, but I can not connect to the controller (EA-1) drive to edit the CSV file. any body has any idea what is the problem?

If you are using the Yatun Modbus driver, the CSV file containing the Modbus map sits in an area within the file structure on the controller which is read only.  When the driver was originally created this was read / write and the driver documentation explains where the file is located and how it should be edited / saved to this location; however, this was changed to read only a year or two back (somewhere around OS 3.1.2).

There is a work around for this where you temporarily change the read only setting for the Drivers section on the Conteoller to read / write, and then make the change to the Modbus map (CSV file) as you used to; however, this requires a dealer with Composer Pro (and thus System Manager) to change the System Config file temporarily.  I am not sure if this is an “acceptable work around” or “frowned upon”.  Either way, your dealer would want to be really careful when doing this and change  the settings back afterwards. 

I do know that Yatun was aware of the change and had indicated (a year or two back) that there would be a solution in due course.  I am surprised that they have not (yet) added a way of adding / editing the Modbus map in Composer.  This may well be easier said than done.  

Worth double checking that you are on the latest version of the Modbus driver before going down the rabbit hole!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.