C4 Forums | Control4

SR260 lost volume control

Had a short power outage and everything came back except the EA3 connection to my Integra AVR. Everything is wired. I can make stuff work by manually by setting the source and volume on the AVR and selecting that same source under "watch" on my SR260, e.g., Cable, Roku, Sonus, OSD, BluRay, etc. Prior to the power outage I did that on the 260, but the 260 will no longer control the volume and source selections (other than the source I manually select on the AVR). The AVR is buried in a closet rack so manual process is a tough jury-rig until dealer can get here.

Here is what I have done: (i) re-booted the AE3; (ii) updated firmware on the AVR; (iii) re-set the SR260; (iv) re-booted and updated firmware on the router; and (v) disconnected the AE3 and AVR from the network and re-connected them. The AVR and AE3 always both came back on to the same IP addresses. I think they are static addresses. This has happened before and I assume I need a dealer to "re-add" the AVR to the system. Can I fix this via Home Edition?

1 hour ago, chopedogg88 said:

Best practice is to get a battery backup to keep your router and network switches alive during power outages. Then when power comes back on to the other devices, the network is available.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Chopedogg88, thank you so much. That power cycle on the AVR worked. All controls appear to be back working. Its guys like you that make the forum a good thing and keep guys like me continuing to recommend this system to my friends.

Do you have a recommendation for a battery backup? BTW, the router is remote from the rack described below. Should the rack or the router have battery backup, or both?

Here are photos of the back of the subject rack and the back of the power strip serving the racked devices. (The cables look kinda messy but I have them all labelled, color coded per source, etc. Just a lot of devices to get wired all in one spot.) This rack services (i) two audio zones; one through the AVR/Sonus Connect and another through the Sonos AMP; and (ii) one video source )a fSamsung Frame TV).

Devices in rack are: QNAP NAS, Honeywell thermostat bridge, Xfinity DVR cable box, Sonus Connect, Sonus AMP, Samsung Connect One box, Roku Ultra, wall subwoofer amp, EA-3, Pakedge 16 port switch, 9.2 Integra AVR, and that power strip.

If this is a real pain or time consuming, PM me and I will pay you for your time.

John

rack cabling.jpg

power strip in rack.jpg

Can I plug my current rack power strip into that backup device or is it better to plug specific key devices into the battery backup? I listed my rack devices above, if I should plug those into the battery backup, which ones. There are too many I think to plug them all into this device.

On 5/31/2022 at 9:46 PM, johnnyboy said:

Chopedogg88, thank you so much. That power cycle on the AVR worked. All controls appear to be back working. Its guys like you that make the forum a good thing and keep guys like me continuing to recommend this system to my friends.

Do you have a recommendation for a battery backup? BTW, the router is remote from the rack described below. Should the rack or the router have battery backup, or both?

Here are photos of the back of the subject rack and the back of the power strip serving the racked devices. (The cables look kinda messy but I have them all labelled, color coded per source, etc. Just a lot of devices to get wired all in one spot.) This rack services (i) two audio zones; one through the AVR/Sonus Connect and another through the Sonos AMP; and (ii) one video source )a fSamsung Frame TV).

Devices in rack are: QNAP NAS, Honeywell thermostat bridge, Xfinity DVR cable box, Sonus Connect, Sonus AMP, Samsung Connect One box, Roku Ultra, wall subwoofer amp, EA-3, Pakedge 16 port switch, 9.2 Integra AVR, and that power strip.

If this is a real pain or time consuming, PM me and I will pay you for your time.

John

rack cabling.jpg

power strip in rack.jpg

This needs to be streamed line as quickly as possible! Power cables should be grouped and wrapped together, other cables can also be routed on the sides

CrocSee 25ft - 1/2 inch Braided... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08887TZH7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

5 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Can I plug my current rack power strip into that backup device or is it better to plug specific key devices into the battery backup? I listed my rack devices above, if I should plug those into the battery backup, which ones. There are too many I think to plug them all into this device.

I wouldn't put high current devices like amps or the AVR into a battery backup plug, but I might put them into a surge protector plug.   On the battery plugs I would put the C4 controller, network switches, router, modem, and if you have a NAS or something like that, put it in there too.  But not audio, TV, etc.

You can use a plug strip if you need to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.