C4 Forums | Control4

What time is OS 3.3 coming out?

10 minutes ago, Amr said:

What ZB update? I didn’t notice any update for my devices, entire project took like 15m-20m except this wild T3

My dealer said there was a zigbee update as part of the OS3.3 update.  Each of my lighting circuits (around 100 of them) flashed on and off (at least) once over a 2 hour period, so I am pretty sure that he was right and there was a Zigbee update as part of the release… but I may be wrong!

All stable now.

Edited by South Africa C4 user

15 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

My dealer said there was a zigbee update as part of the OS3.3 update.  Each of my lighting circuits (around 100 of them) flashed on and off (at least) once over a 2 hour period, so I am pretty sure that he was right and there was a Zigbee update as part of the release… but I may be wrong!

All stable now.

I was curious to understand what is the C4 ZB lights u have, All I have is penalized C4 Dimmers/Relays in addition to few Puck Dimmers/Relays, I didn’t notice any delay after the Main controller went online and started upgrading rest of project components, I can’t tell myself

17 minutes ago, Neo1738 said:

I think for end users really color wheel. I'm sure optimizations. Not sure what the lighting update was but my keypads and lights reset over hrs. after update was done. 

Where is the color wheel located or how does it work?

In order to use the new color wheel your RGBW / Tunable white fixtures need 3.3.0 drivers that are built for the new light proxy.  Depending on which drivers you're using you may need to replace/re-install a simple update may not be possible.  

Once you have the new drivers installed / configured you can go to lighting.  Any new drivers will have a slider, a light icon with a small colored circle beside the light.  If you press and hold on the light bulb you'll bring up additional options, and  features including the color wheel.

Chowmain released an email/update with their drivers that are compatible.  Domaudeo's DMX driver has been updated as well and available from black wire designs.  The Domaudeo's DMX lighting has been completely revamped and improved, you'll need to replace/re-install.  That's what I'm using and being shown below.

image.png

Color 01.png

color 02.png

color 03.png

color 04.png

When you favorite a RGBW or tunable white fixture to the room.  The system can tell if the fixture is doing RGBW or tunable white coloring and it can adjust your favorite room icon between a fixture with RGBW bulb or a tunable white bulb.  Pretty cool detail!

The bulb is also different from the standard lighting icon, it looks like a LED bulb.  More cool details.  

image.png

Color 07.png

Color 08.png

My system was upgraded today and I have to say I love the color wheel integration with both Hue and LIFX lights. It took about 5 hours for all my devices to update and a few hours of reprogramming the hue and lifx lights - and the related C4 switches/dimmers. From what I can tell so far, this is an exciting leap forward for C4. Has to be the most significant update in the 14 plus years I’ve had C4. Can’t wait to see what comes next.

1 hour ago, C4 User said:

My system was upgraded today and I have to say I love the color wheel integration with both Hue and LIFX lights. It took about 5 hours for all my devices to update and a few hours of reprogramming the hue and lifx lights - and the related C4 switches/dimmers. From what I can tell so far, this is an exciting leap forward for C4. Has to be the most significant update in the 14 plus years I’ve had C4. Can’t wait to see what comes next.

More significant than 2.0 and 3.0?! I love the excitement, and the new color wheel, but man…I think back to what I got in 2006 and it almost doesn’t feel like the same system!

4 hours ago, C4 User said:

Has to be the most significant update in the 14 plus years I’ve had C4. Can’t wait to see what comes next.

What? Don´t get me wrong. The colorwheel is the most sigificant update in 14years? 😆
It was a shame, that c4 hasn´t this for years!

7 hours ago, ILoveC4 said:

More significant than 2.0 and 3.0?! I love the excitement, and the new color wheel, but man…I think back to what I got in 2006 and it almost doesn’t feel like the same system!

Maybe I just forgot what 2.0 and 3.0 brought to the user. Zigbee Pro was a big upgrade in overall user experience. And the EA controller series over the HC1000 and 300’s, and Gen 2/3 over the Gen 1. But I do not recall being this excited about a new feature. I have been waiting for integrated color for years now. While I have a lot of Hue and LIFX lights, within a year, they will all be Hue or LIFX.

8 hours ago, Kaas Mayer said:

What? Don´t get me wrong. The colorwheel is the most sigificant update in 14years? 😆
It was a shame, that c4 hasn´t this for years!

Agreed! But not worth the debate to me. Would rather encourage faster development of user centric features and system capabilities.

Edited by C4 User

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.