C4 Forums | Control4

What time is OS 3.3 coming out?

4 minutes ago, drmark12pa said:

Can someone post a picture of this "color wheel" or where exactly it's located as I have no idea where this shows up and I have 3.3 with LIFX bulbs as well.

Where the drivers replaced? Or else you won't see it 

5 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

Can someone post a picture of this "color wheel" or where exactly it's located as I have no idea where this shows up and I have 3.3 with LIFX bulbs as well.

If you go to the list view of your lights you should see a little dot in the lower right of the icon. You just press and hold and it will open up the interface that you can get to color wheel. Took me a second to figure it out myself when I first updated. 

8 hours ago, drmark12pa said:

Which LIFX driver are you using? I have the Chowmain driver and it was necessary to replace the individual light drivers with the V2 driver. So not just a driver update, but a driver replacement.

2 minutes ago, C4 User said:

Which LIFX driver are you using? I have the Chowmain driver and it was necessary to replace the individual light drivers with the V2 driver. So not just a driver update, but a driver replacement.

For reference all lighting drivers irrespective of developer requires to be replaced.  Control4 had to do this as there was no standards for how RGBW lighting worked before hand with multiple lighting proxies being used, some camera proxies and webviews.  As such there was no upgrade path.  Hence why you have to install manually.

Luckily for us Control4 gave all the major developers plenty of time to rewrite all of their drivers which we took advantage of to make sure that all of our licenced drivers were upgraded to support this new OS 3.3 lighting proxy.

On 6/8/2022 at 12:57 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

Not sure but I know my dealer had to change something on my mesh (I think multiple APs are no longer allowed on the same server)

Multiple ZAPs are or no longer supported on 3.3.0, you will have till 3.3.1 to make changes.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:38 AM, drmark12pa said:

• You will need to make sure you are using the newest/updated drives for the color wheel option to show up. It's more of a driver replacement for all LED drivers that can support color wheel option.

Color Drivers avalable.png

• 1 month later...

been having issues with the installation file, i had this same issue with 3.0 dropped. ended up having to have someone send me one they downloaded just to install it on my computer. if anyone could send me a copy of the installation file i would much appreciate it. 

i already tried calling tech support about this and they couldn't figure it out. maybe i jut need to get a different laptop or wipe it and start over.  ugh fml

if this isn't allowed please forgive me, and let me know. ill take it down.

Was kind of a pain as you have to readd every light, redo all lighting scenes/programming and then you could delete old lights. For a while I hid the old lights in rooms as I was working on changing everything over. 

With the 3.3 update, is it necessary to install brand new lighting drivers even for those of us using plain old C4 gen3 switches and regular (non-colored) bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, DLite said:

With the 3.3 update, is it necessary to install brand new lighting drivers even for those of us using plain old C4 gen3 switches and regular (non-colored) bulbs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about gen 1 or gen 2, but all my gen 3 lighting received a firmware update

On 7/31/2022 at 3:42 PM, dcovach said:

I'm not sure about gen 1 or gen 2, but all my gen 3 lighting received a firmware update

Yes all gen 3 keypads and panelized lights got update. Color lights (rgb, w/w, and rgb w/w) needed new drivers and reprogramming.

• 2 weeks later...

i am having issues connection to my COntroller, i keep getting an error saying "Could not authenticate the connection to Director, Common causes are incorrect time/date settings on the controller or on the computer running Composer."

has anyone ever had this issue and how did you fix it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.