C4 Forums | Control4

All lights random on or off - how to troubleshoot

Sorry to ask questions like these but starting yesterday ALL of the lights in my home are randomly turning on or off..  It's ALL lights on OR ALL lights off randomly.  Some of the light controls are Lutron RadioRA2 based and others are C4 so C4 appears to be the source culprit somehow.  The system has been running for over a year with no programming changes.  I am at a loss on where to begin troubleshooting this issue or which logs to be reviewing.  Does anyone have any tips for where to begin?  Thanks in advance!!

No I did not have that driver installed.  It looks like it may have been Alexa somehow.  I disabled all the items for Alexa and so far it seems to have stopped.  I have not been able to locate a log that will tell me the reason or source of this.  Thank you!

9 hours ago, SteveTX said:

It is definitely Alexa that's causing the issues in this case.  Is there a log file on the Alexa or C4 side to see the traffic and commands between these two systems?

I know sometimes my young daughter will walk into an open room and say Alexa Turn on the Lights, and sometimes it misunderstands her and think she says All Lights. Super annoying. You can look on the Alexa site around the times it happened and see if Alexa is recording a command for All Lights. You should be able to see all commands it hears. 

I second the suggestion to go in and view what voice commands the Alexa thinks it's received.

Open the Alexa app or website (alexa.amazon.com logged into the Amazon account associated with the Alexa) and select More > Settings > Alexa Privacy > Review Voice History. This will bring up a menu of everything you've asked Alexa. Find the offending question and tap the down arrow next to it. Here, you can listen to a recording of yourself asking that question.

If it's Alexa that's causing it, it can't really be fixed by Control4.  If you don't have any history of Alexa receiving commands, you could either be looking at the wrong Amazon account, or it could in theory be a Control4 driver issue, although since the driver only acts when it receives commands from Alexa, so I find that less likely...

RyanE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.