C4 Forums | Control4

Time interval between lights swithing on/off in particular scene

John1199

Question

Hello community.

There is next task: I have scene with (for instance) 5 light groups - light1, light2...light5. When user activates this scene lights should be switched on/off gradually with some time interval between switching. When user using navigator or touch panel add to this scene one more light (for instance - light6) it also should be a part of "switching chain" and when user remove light from list - it should be removed from that "switching chain". Thus, delay operator in programming section is not applicable here. 

Any ideas how to solve this task?

There is a delay option in "Advanced Lighting" agent. But it is not accesible for editing in actual Composer Pro version (I don't know why).

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, John1199 said:

Hello community.

There is next task: I have scene with (for instance) 5 light groups - light1, light2...light5. When user activates this scene lights should be switched on/off gradually with some time interval between switching. When user using navigator or touch panel add to this scene one more light (for instance - light6) it also should be a part of "switching chain" and when user remove light from list - it should be removed from that "switching chain". Thus, delay operator in programming section is not applicable here. 

Any ideas how to solve this task?

There is a delay option in "Advanced Lighting" agent. But it is not accesible for editing in actual Composer Pro version (I don't know why).

I am sure that I have used the delay option in Advanced Lighting (via Composer).  The challenge in your query (as I read it) is that I am not aware of a way of editing this on a Touchscreen…

6 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I am sure that I have used the delay option in Advanced Lighting (via Composer).  The challenge in your query (as I read it) is that I am not aware of a way of editing this on a Touchscreen…

Thank you for your answer.

In "advanced lighting" agent menu I see next table (for particular scene):

image.thumb.png.7f998b3b29a73e451f2a0826fbba894d.png

Column "Delay" I cannot change. Probably there are some settings I should change but I don't know what exactly.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:36 PM, South Africa C4 user said:

I am out of the country at present and don’t have access to Composer but I definitely can (used to be able to) edit the delay column above.  I lost did this a few months ago.

Are these regular lighting loads? 

I use Yatun Generic Switching Light Driver with next connections:

image.png.7edc7854182dc70e5cf16d76ee9a664f.png

What do you mean when say "regular lighting loads"? What drivers do you use to control lights in your C4 projects? Do they have similar connections?

On 6/14/2022 at 7:06 PM, Cyknight said:

By the looks of it they're not C4 lighting at least - availability of the 'advanced' functions will depend on proxy used, driver capability and of course the 3rd party device (API) capability.

Yes, it is not C4 lighting driver. It is Yatun Generic Switching Light Driver. What drivers should I use to have possibility to control time delay between switching? 

Connection section for Yatun Generic Switching Light Driver is next:

image.png.01104a4af57f36f37a0fa119ed93dea2.png

12 hours ago, John1199 said:

I use Yatun Generic Switching Light Driver with next connections:

image.png.7edc7854182dc70e5cf16d76ee9a664f.png

What do you mean when say "regular lighting loads"? What drivers do you use to control lights in your C4 projects? Do they have similar connections?

My dealer used the native C4 lighting drivers but I have C4 light switches, dimmers and keypads installed everywhere.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.