C4 Forums | Control4

Hunter Douglas Powerview - Strange Issue

Our Shade 1 (Hunter Douglas Powerview) in the Master Bathroom has always had a strange issue that only happens if the director has been restarted or the shade has had the command to go up at some point in the day. In these cases, after you put the shade back down, within 20-30 minutes, it will go back up. This happens all the way until sunset and then doesn't happen anymore until the director is restarted or you send the shade up command.

I have dug around composer for many hours trying to find programming that would be doing these and am unable to find anything (I have created many logs, emails, and other alerts to try to track it down). I suspect this is Hunter Douglas/Powerview sending the signal and not Control4.

The one thing that seems odd and wonder if it is contributing is that the *Current Position* of the master bathroom shades (all 4 of them) is 0 when closed (like all of the others in the house) but 45-55 when opened (all of the others in the house are 100). Even though all of the other master shades are like this, only shade 1 has the issue. I have tried recalibrating the shade based on HD's instructions but that didn't change anything.

Any ideas? I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction because it is driving me crazy not being able to find and correct the issue. Thanks in advance for your time.

I was thinking more about deleting the shade from PowerView and reinstalling it there. Warning: I’m not sure if the scene will work as desired when you add that shade back in for C4. I’m guessing it will since the scene name shouldn’t change but might be worth a try and if it doesn’t work. Just create new scenes and have your dealer add those. It’s very easy and quick for them with the driver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.