C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 doorbell - very slow

Any suggestions on the control4 doorbell to help speed it up? Whenever someone hits the button, I get notified very quickly but when I hit the button to answer, it takes 2-3 minutes to load up it seems. This is pretty unacceptable and makes it useless as a video doorbell to talk to someone. 

not sure what I can check to see how to speed it up or if others have suggestions. Even though I just bought it, might scrap it and go back to a ring and buy a motion sensor instead because I’ll need it to work. 

It is C4-VDB-E (POE) . I am using 3.3.0  and the latest version of the app (322.25.0)  . I noticed that when I am in Wifi (Any wifi, it doesn't need to be my house), the cameras load up very fast. When I am using cell signal (4 Bars, 5G), the cameras won't load up. but control4 will load up relatively fast. 

I think this issue of the cameras not being displayed is just a problem when it's not on Wifi. I can go to my HikConnect app and see my cameras which load up fine with no issue on cell signal. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.