C4 Forums | Control4

Roon Playing, How to control TV?

At the pool house, I'm trying to control the ATV (Screen only), but keep Roon Playing.

The basic setup:

We have a 4 Zone Matrix AMP.

A Roon DAC plugs into input 3.

We have the Apple TV using a HDMI switch so we can plug analog into port 2 of the Matrix Amp.

Room Video is a TV.

Here's what we'd like to do: 

When selecting ROON for music, that works perfectly.

What we want is to turn on the TV so I can select the AppleTV Roon. However as soon as you select watch -> tv, we loose the Roon connection.

Any way we can get this set up? I figure there's probably a room driver or something we could use.

thanks.

Usually for me if you start the TV part first, then select an audio source the TV remains on w video but the zone plays audio selected. I do this in my bar with at "party time" scene which turns on the tvs, gets them to sports, then turns on music using room control joins the bar and game area tvs to the audio of billiards. You however can't control the tv w c4 unless you go back to watch and select the tv input you want and this will separate the c4 audio back to the watch device for that zone. You can ultimately get around by getting audio and video in separate "rooms" by creating a dummy room if that isn't good enough. Then you can have audio for that zone controlled by audio and have the tv w no audio controlled. You would have to do some room control stuff that "if input is x device use y audio output" to join the audio if you still want tv to come through the room speakers. Hope that makes sense.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.