C4 Forums | Control4

C4-SW120277 - 2 Button Keypad Settings On Color Reverts

I have two of these switches that are running Phillips Hue bulbs.  With the recent 3.3 updates that include color wheel I switched the config of these switches to 2 Button Keypads and set the Bottom button Off color to blue and On color to Black.  I don't have the timing down on how long it takes to revert, but after the change it will work for awhile in this config, but then eventually the settings revert to Bottom button On color to blue and Off to black.  Has anyone seen this happen before.  Im on version 7 of the driver modified 1/27/2021.  Should also note in the 2 Button Keypad settings the Led set to follow load if that matters for why it is reverting the color settings for the leds.

I have the same settings on the Phillips Hue driver that I have paired to the switch, and these color settings for the buttons don't revert.

Any ideas?

On 8/11/2022 at 4:22 PM, Topfox said:

Should also note in the 2 Button Keypad settings the Led set to follow load if that matters for why it is reverting the color settings for the leds.

That'll be why - whn Hue next checks in, the colours are reverting to the driver settings - you'll want to change the LED colours in the Hue driver instead (button and button connection status led colors).

Just now, Cyknight said:

That'll be why - whn Hue next checks in, the colours are reverting to the driver settings - you'll want to change the LED colours in the Hue driver instead (button and button connection status led colors).

I actually have them set the same in both the Hue and the switch driver.  However, I’ll do some testing to see if maybe it’s related. It will work correctly for days and then just revert. 

And today it reverted again, so after 8 days and I have used the switch physically, through the app, combination of physically and through the app.

Notice in the first image, under 2 button settings for bottom button colors with On being Blue and Off being Black.  This just keeps switching.  I will set it to On being Black and Off being Blue and eventually all of a sudden it will switch back to On being Blue and Off being Black.  The setting only changes on 2 button keypad settings.  The changes I make maintain every where else.

4.thumb.png.20eb4ad08f297468551c0a5f407c3749.png3.thumb.png.b8894c37c615b77ebf428265dfef4b04.png2.thumb.png.90711dbc64747a861737a7e19571862b.png1.thumb.png.d08807b2ce51a2029bb3c00984c6dcbc.png6.thumb.png.00877b841699ee363c411702c80c2cf3.png5.thumb.png.f91e1b09bb3844a35cc80f81a875e3f5.png

Maybe I should be clear on my desired state.

Phillips Hue Color Bulbs connected to a SW120277 switch

1) In C4 App I only want the Phillips Hue Option to display so I have one listing for the lights with Color Wheel option.

2) When the Phillips Hue lights are turned on by the App, I want the SW120277 switch top LED to be Lit and the bottom to be Off  

3) When the Phillips Hue lights are turned off by the App, I want the SW120277 switch bottom LED to be Lit and the top LED to be Off

4) When I press the Top Rocker on the SW120277, I want the top LED to be Lit and the bottom to be Off and in the App I want to see the Phillips Hue light to be on.

5) When I press the Bottom Rocker on the SW120277, I want the top LED to be Off and the bottom to be On and in the App I want to see the Phillips Hue light to be off.

5 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

do you have programming that is setting teh current color of the LED?

I was doing it through the key button settings in the driver. Top is Blue On, Black Off. And the opposite for Bottom. This works for good periods of time. Then all of a sudden Bottom switches back to Blue On and Black Off. 

8 minutes ago, Topfox said:

I may have just figured it out or at least something else to try. Instead of follow load do follow connection. 

yes, follow load will follow the power of the switch (even though you have it set to keypad)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.