C4 Forums | Control4

Annex4 Hydrawise Driver

Weird request but does anyone have a copy of the Annex4 hydrawise driver?  I just took over a customer that has that driver and it works, we just need to add a few more sprinkler zones.  I see it on their website but it won't let me download it until they approve my account and I'm pretty sure they are gone right?

54 minutes ago, mstafford388 said:

Weird request but does anyone have a copy of the Annex4 hydrawise driver?  I just took over a customer that has that driver and it works, we just need to add a few more sprinkler zones.  I see it on their website but it won't let me download it until they approve my account and I'm pretty sure they are gone right?

I have a copy of those drivers.  DL here  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q98izni9s064ew9/AAAM9NSVoHk_LJhIivaKpJHra?dl=0

5 hours ago, mstafford388 said:

Wait they’re gone?  Is this driver abandoned?  I thought it was the official driver? We’re adding irrigation next year and the irrigation company prefers hydrawise for their troubleshooting so, for that reason, was going to go with that over rachio but if this integration is gone I may change gears and go with rachio…..

Not gone. Not sure who told you that. Bunch of changes coming September/October including some new drivers.

All of our drivers at the moment are technically just served over Amazon S3 and we're not currently generating presigned URLs for download. Technically anyone with access can give you the link. I don't want to post them in a public forum but I'll PM them to you shortly.

1 hour ago, Dueport said:

Wait they’re gone?  Is this driver abandoned?  I thought it was the official driver? We’re adding irrigation next year and the irrigation company prefers hydrawise for their troubleshooting so, for that reason, was going to go with that over rachio but if this integration is gone I may change gears and go with rachio…..

I have an account with Annex4 and have access to all their drivers.  I was in contact with support for a driver issue a bit over a month ago so they are still around.

@mstafford388 Sorry you thought annex4 was gone. Been busy.

I decided to move the entire infrastructure and rebuild it on AWS. Devices now talk directly with AWS IoT Core (MQTT). That solved a lot of maintenance and scale related stuff and the cost will end up being cheaper than spinning up new servers to support more controllers real-time. Leaves me more time to focus on making drivers, and not supporting the infrastructure around serving drivers & licenses.

There's a new frontend facelift as well. I moved away from Meteor as it didn't scale well. Now using a static site created with Vue served over CloudFront. It talks to AWS AppSync for real-time pub/sub and its GraphQL API. Uses the latest Stripe checkout stuff as well, which is visually a major improvement over what we have now.

Overall the new infrastructure is largely cloud services and usually 'serverless' which takes a lot of weight off me for maintenance related stuff. Images attached are just development stuff.

Removed the required training going forward on the new site as well. I never liked it, always thought it was more of a hinderance to onboarding new users. The driver connecting to the platform is a 1 click install now as well as it gets an embedded certificate for licensing and authentication. You simply create the project on the platform and download the driver created for it, not much you can do wrong. Filenames no longer matter either.

Checkout.png

Drivers.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.