C4 Forums | Control4

1.7.4 firmware update is now available.

thecodeman

Sorry, no toaster support or Sonos integration, but it does resolve a lot of the "loss of focus" issues. Details in full are on the blog, discuss the update here. Let's try to keep all 1.7.4 discussion in one thread so that it's easier to find.

www.c4central.com

I just had my S&S update my software remotely. I have my fingers crossed, but won't know if everything is working properly until I get home. Anyone want to bet on it working fine when I get home?

Worked great at my place also. The update didn't take very long, maybe 20 minutes? I was told everything went smooth as silk. In fact, my wife was watching TV while the update was being done and she didn't even notice anything happened.

got home after the upgrade being done and one of my mts is frozen with the "updating" screen:(. other mts updated fine. anything I can do tonight or is this a phone call in the morning to the dealer type problem? thanks for any thoughts.

got home after the upgrade being done and one of my mts is frozen with the "updating" screen:(. other mts updated fine. anything I can do tonight or is this a phone call in the morning to the dealer type problem? thanks for any thoughts.

I would try power cycling it, but I am probably not someone who should be giving advice, being that I am a lowly end user myself.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if your power flickered at just the wrong time (while the update was rewriting the device firmware), you could unfortunately have a unit that:

1) *may* be recovered with a restore stick.

or

2) *may* be a brick.

How old is it? If less than 2 years, it should still be under warranty, contact the dealer you purchased it from for RMA.

RyanE

Thank you Ryan, as always. that one is a version one and not sure how old. if power wasn't the issue - she can't remember what time it happened, any other thoughts? pending anything else, a call to the dealer will be in order tomorrow.

Archived