C4 Forums | Control4

Switch flashing Green

SRQUser

I have a C4 switch that was flashing 2 green lights.  What does this mean?

What's odd is that I cannot determine what this switch controls!  It doesn't seem to do anything - I see no loghts going on or off when I use the switch.

My C4 system has not been updated since 2018. The Dealer is no more. I've had 2 other local (Sarasota) dealers look at my system & both said they didn't want to touch it because they didn't know what the installer did.

How do I go about maintaining my system without a dealer?  Do I need to update the system - using it only for lighting, and live view of security cameras.  I cannot access the camera software to program it to record on a NVR  because the dealer used his own ID & PW.   No other uses (I don't understand why the dealer used C4 in the 1st place).  

THANKS

1 hour ago, Topfox said:

Flashing green usually means the switch has been reset to factory defaults and you need to relink it. 

Actually SOLID green on both is the default (not joined to network) indicator.

Flashing green may indicate not connected to network AND in mini app mode (possible, but you would normally only see this in a 'manual' upgrade from embernet to zigbee pro, or if there is some sort of failure in a major update of the system)

slow yellow (which is sometimes more greenish then yellow) usually means it's updating, it could be stuck in a loop

Either way, try doing a 15 tap on the top button, that'll reboot it, and may get it back.

2 hours ago, SRQUser said:

How do I go about maintaining my system without a dealer? 

You don't. Sorry

I've had 2 other local (Sarasota) dealers look at my system & both said they didn't want to touch it because they didn't know what the installer did.

That's ... sad.

If you have the log=-in infor for the C4 app, you can work with a remote dealer (there's several in the looking for integrator section) that may be able to help you though.

I cannot access the camera software to program it to record on a NVR  because the dealer used his own ID & PW.

Oh sweet lord.... Do you know the brand? In many cases there ARE ways to get them reset, depending on manufacturer.

21 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Either way, try doing a 15 tap on the top button, that'll reboot it, and may get it back.

DId that - it didn't stop the green lights flashing.   But here's what's strange - until I did the 15 second hold, the switch did not turn anything on or off. Once I did that, it turns my halll ights on - as does another switch about 12" from this one!   Just an extra switch my $%^* my installer charged me for that wasn't needed.  

On 8/29/2022 at 9:56 PM, SRQUser said:

I have a C4 switch that was flashing 2 green lights.  What does this mean?

What's odd is that I cannot determine what this switch controls!  It doesn't seem to do anything - I see no loghts going on or off when I use the switch.

My C4 system has not been updated since 2018. The Dealer is no more. I've had 2 other local (Sarasota) dealers look at my system & both said they didn't want to touch it because they didn't know what the installer did.

How do I go about maintaining my system without a dealer?  Do I need to update the system - using it only for lighting, and live view of security cameras.  I cannot access the camera software to program it to record on a NVR  because the dealer used his own ID & PW.   No other uses (I don't understand why the dealer used C4 in the 1st place).  

THANKS

I would highly recommend @msgreenf or @chopedogg88 for remote support.  I've worked with both and they are great.  I haven't worked with him, but @mstafford388 is in Tampa and has great experience and content on this board - he would be worth contacting too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.