C4 Forums | Control4

Cindev Battery Agent - Update (dashboard)

Hi everyone,

The long awaited Battery Agent webui is now available!  Control4 OS 3.2.3 and newer required.

Update Log (20220829)

* Added Dashboard for viewing Battery levels (iPhone, Android, iPad, Control4 T3/T4)
* Ability to Clear and Run Scans on the Dashboard
* Newly added drivers are now automatically added to the Battery Agent device list (no more manually updating the Device List)
* New Icon
* Better documentation (dark mode)

For those of you with the battery agent already installed... We recommend deleting the driver and adding the new version in.  Updating is fine to do as well but some of the default settings are different so if you want the full experience of proper battery monitoring you should add a new version of the driver in :)

Check it out here!

spacer.png

On 8/30/2022 at 9:25 AM, Cinegration said:

Well good catch... I'll update this shortly.  Might even handle c4i/c4z a bit better since I imagine all c4i's got updated.

Thank you @msgreenf!    Our lead developer @adamm I think did an awesome job on the update too!  Look for more UI's in the future ;).

We've updated the driver to support all NYCE sensors (20220831).  If you find one that we missed please email us and we'll add it in.

Happy Programming :)

I must say, the dashboard looks super cool.

I have had the driver installed in my project and added to a Listen Menu (just a convenient place in the room I want this in). It is then favourited to the room. However, when I try to call up the WebUi (single click of the button) it does nothing on my T4 and on my iPad it flips to a black screen within the app and I get a spinning circle of death.

Am I doing something silly?

I have refreshed navigators a couple of times and I do have the latest version of the driver and the latest version of the dashboard installed.

I will try a full system reboot tomorrow before logging a ticket.  Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

8 minutes ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I have had the driver installed in my project and added to a Listen Menu (just a convenient place in the room I want this in). It is then favourited to the room. However, when I try to call up the WebUi (single click of the button) it does nothing on my T4 and on my iPad it flips to a black screen within the app and I get a spinning circle of death.

I have refreshed navigators a couple of times and I do have the latest version of the driver and the latest version of the dashboard installed.

I will try a full system reboot tomorrow before logging a ticket.  Any other suggestions would be much appreciated!

@South Africa C4 user  Do you have the double tap action doing anything?

2 hours ago, South Africa C4 user said:

I had the same issue, deleted the old driver, installed the new one in composer then added it into the project, which yielded the same result

What has to happen is after installing the new driver in composer, composer needs to be shut down

After reopening, then add the new driver to the project and you should be good to go

5 hours ago, BXTR said:

I had the same issue, deleted the old driver, installed the new one in composer then added it into the project, which yielded the same result

What has to happen is after installing the new driver in composer, composer needs to be shut down

After reopening, then add the new driver to the project and you should be good to go

Thanks.  Sounds a bit weird but easy enough.  I’ll ask my dealer to log in today and add the driver again.

OK, so I have it working bar one setting.

All rather strange.  My dealer dialled in and added a second copy of the battery agent.  This new one worked perfectly with the default parameters.  The old one did not.  I then changed the settings on the new version to mirror what we set up on the first version of the agent and it stopped working.  Changing the settings back did not help.

My dealer deleted the first 2 versions and added a third version.  This one worked perfectly and we changed settings one by one.  As soon as we added an option for double clicking the icon, it stopped working (both single click and double click).  My dealer this version and added a fourth version.  We have changed the settings to be what I want (with the exception that we have not set up a double click option).

Everything is working perfectly now but I do think there is a bug on the double click option (not sure if this affects all setups or just certain setups). I will probably log a ticket for @Cinegration at some stage.

You use the double tap ;)   

there’s probably something up with the double tap.  We’ve already got one ticket (now two lol).  

it’s possibly though on web view drivers we’ll need to remove the double tap fyi. It has to do with how web view works.  

I’ll check next week and update if we can. 

glad you like the new update :)

1 hour ago, Cinegration said:

You use the double tap ;)   

there’s probably something up with the double tap.  We’ve already got one ticket (now two lol).  

it’s possibly though on web view drivers we’ll need to remove the double tap fyi. It has to do with how web view works.  

I’ll check next week and update if we can. 

glad you like the new update :)

I use double tap on quite a few drivers… including a couple of Cinegration drivers 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased the battery agent and am quite happy with it. I do have an ongoing issue with one of our SR260 remotes. It keeps reporting zero battery levels. When I press the button to populate the levels in Composer, the Battery Agent will correctly update, but on the next scan, it goes back to zero.

This particular remote uses individual batteries, not a recharging station. I have two other SR260s using recharging stations, and Battery Agent reports them accurately.

I set the driver properties to update SR260s once every 24 hours, but that has not solved the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

in the remote settings menu do you have that one remote set as rechargeable even though it's not?

Great question. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Should I be looking in the remote settings within Composer or is it in the settings menu on the remote itself?

7 hours ago, msgreenf said:

it's in both places. 

Sadly, the recharge station is disabled on the remote, as it should be.  Whenever I pick up the remote and use it, Battery Agent updates and shows the level accurately, but as soon as the remote has been unused for about 5-10mins, Battery Agent reverts to 0%, just for that device.  Scratching my head....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.